publish-over-X plugins

Slide

Aug 1, 2017, 12:14:40 PM8/1/17
to Jenkins Developer List, bap-j...@bapit.co.uk
I would like to take over maintaining the publish-over plugins (publish-over-plugin, publish-over-cifs-plugin, publish-over-ssh-plugin, publish-over-ftp-plugin) to bring them up to pipeline compatibility. I've tried contacting bap with the email address (and CC'd him here), but haven't received a response yet.

Thanks,

Alex

Jesse Glick

Aug 1, 2017, 3:21:43 PM8/1/17
to Jenkins Dev
On Tue, Aug 1, 2017 at 12:14 PM, Slide <slide...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to take over maintaining the publish-over plugins
> (publish-over-plugin, publish-over-cifs-plugin, publish-over-ssh-plugin,
> publish-over-ftp-plugin) to bring them up to pipeline compatibility.

What is the real use case for `publish-over-ssh`? Seems to be handled
more transparently and flexibly with a simple

sshagent(['your-SSH-creds']) {
sh 'scp whatever.war admin@server:/webapps'
}

Less familiar with the other members of the suite of course.

Slide

Aug 1, 2017, 3:27:21 PM8/1/17
to Jenkins Dev
I've found it useful on Windows where you have to jump through a bunch more hoops than what you wrote. I really only personally need the publish-over-cifs plugin in my pipeline for cross platform writing to Windows shares, but I figured I could update all of them if I was in there making changes on the others anyway.

Slide

Aug 3, 2017, 8:06:29 PM8/3/17
to Bap, Jenkins Developer List
Thanks for getting back, I'll file the necessary PR's for the permissions repo.

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 3:52 PM Bap <bap-j...@bapit.co.uk> wrote:
Apologies for not replying earlier

I do not have the time to maintain these plugins and would be very happy
for you to take them on

Cheers,
Bap.