Coexistence of two equal plugins

Virginia Mesa

Nov 28, 2017, 6:50:55 PM11/28/17
to Jenkins Developers
Hi, I modified a Jenkins plugin in which there was a drop-down and I wanted a textbox. Once modified, my idea was to upload this version of plugin and at the same time keep the previous one unchanged, so as not to disrupt the execution of other jobs that use it. I have changed the idartifactory, the name of the Display ... in short, all the possible identifiers that I have found. But I do not know why, even though I install it as two different plugins ... when I'm going to add the step, it just finds me one ... it's like I know it's the same and it's overwritten. Does anyone know how it is that Jenkins identifies the plugins? Thank you very much, A greeting.

Slide

Nov 28, 2017, 10:53:27 PM11/28/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com

Please don't double post.

On Tue, Nov 28, 2017, 16:50 Virginia Mesa <v.mesa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, I modified a Jenkins plugin in which there was a drop-down and I wanted a textbox. Once modified, my idea was to upload this version of plugin and at the same time keep the previous one unchanged, so as not to disrupt the execution of other jobs that use it. I have changed the idartifactory, the name of the Display ... in short, all the possible identifiers that I have found. But I do not know why, even though I install it as two different plugins ... when I'm going to add the step, it just finds me one ... it's like I know it's the same and it's overwritten. Does anyone know how it is that Jenkins identifies the plugins? Thank you very much, A greeting.

Robert Sandell

Nov 29, 2017, 7:21:09 AM11/29/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Class full name and artifact id, changing group id has no effect.

/B

Please don't double post.

On Tue, Nov 28, 2017, 16:50 Virginia Mesa <v.mesa...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, I modified a Jenkins plugin in which there was a drop-down and I wanted a textbox. Once modified, my idea was to upload this version of plugin and at the same time keep the previous one unchanged, so as not to disrupt the execution of other jobs that use it. I have changed the idartifactory, the name of the Display ... in short, all the possible identifiers that I have found. But I do not know why, even though I install it as two different plugins ... when I'm going to add the step, it just finds me one ... it's like I know it's the same and it's overwritten. Does anyone know how it is that Jenkins identifies the plugins? Thank you very much, A greeting.

Robert Sandell
Software Engineer
CloudBees Inc.

Baptiste Mathus

Nov 30, 2017, 3:09:26 AM11/30/17
to Jenkins Developers
It seems to me that even if you manage to rename everything that needs to be, there'll probably still be some form of conflict on that UI part. But hard to be sure without actually checking details.

BTW, if you can possibly explain what you're trying to do on which plugin, maybe you'll be able to define where you need a pointcut to infect a different behavior, and just then make your other plugin contribute it.

Extending existing things is very easy and one of the biggest strengths of Jenkins. And we can help you achieve this.

Cheers

Virginia Mesa