ANN - 2020 Jenkins elections. Nominations and voter registration are open!

Oleg Nenashev

Sep 24, 2020, 11:55:28 AM9/24/20
to JenkinsCI Developers, Jenkins Users, Jenkins Advocacy and Outreach SIG

Dear all,

We are happy to announce the 2020 elections in Jenkins! Nominations are open for governance board and officer positions. These roles are an essential part of Jenkins' community governance and well-being. We invite Jenkins community members to send nominations and participate in voting.

This year we will elect one governance board member and five officers, namely: Security, Events, Release, Infrastructure, and Documentation. Board members are elected for a 2 years term, officers are re-elected each year. You can find more information about the elections and the elected roles in this blog post.

Individual contributors are eligible to vote if they made a contribution to Jenkins before September 01. Any public contribution counts, not just code commits: documentation updates, code reviews, substantial issue reports, issues and mailing list responses, social media posts, testing, etc.

Key dates

  • Sep 24 - Voter registration begins (sign up for voting).

  • Sep 24 - Board and officer nominations open (nominating contributors).

  • Oct 15 - Board and officer nominations deadline.

  • Oct 22 - List of candidates is published.

  • Nov 02 - Voter registration ends.

  • Nov 10 - Voting begins. Condorcet Internet Voting Service will be used for voting.

  • Nov 27 - Voting ends, 11PM UTC.

  • Dec 03 - Election results are announced and take effect.

If you have any questions or feedback about the elections, please contact the 2020 Elections Committee via jenkins-202...@googlegroups.com .

Thanks for your time,

Jenkins 2020 Elections Committee

Oleg Nenashev

Oct 7, 2020, 5:10:04 AM10/7/20
to Jenkins Developers
Hi all,

Gentle reminder, it is one week left for submitting Jenkins board member and officer nominations, Oct 15 is a deadline. Suggestions from the community members are highly valued, and the board welcomes additional nominations. If you feel that a particular person is well suited to help guide Jenkins, please submit a name and the reason for your nomination to jenkins...@googlegroups.com. Self nominations are also welcome!

Other updates:
  • As announced in this thread, Alex Earl will be stepping down from the Jenkins Governance Board on Dec 03. It means that we will be electing 2 Governance Board members instead of one like it was originally announced. Thanks a lot to Alex for all contributions to the Jenkins project governance!
  • As communicated here, Alyssa Tong is not planning to run for the Event Officer role in the next elections cycle. Thanks a lot to Alyssa for driving community events and coordinating Jenkins presence at conferences over the past 10 years! Nominations and self-nominations are welcome.
We also ask contributors to register for voting.

Best regards,
Oleg Nenashev