Proposal: Global CONTRIBUTING.md defaul for projects in jenkinsci

Oleg Nenashev

Nov 28, 2019, 4:14:20 PM11/28/19
to JenkinsCI Developers, jenkins-advocacy...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

In the jenkinsci GitHub organization we have a lot of components which do not have contributing guidelines inside the repositories. It may cause some issues for newcomer contributors, and in future it may also impact ranking of projects in GitHub search.

I suggest to add a global CONTRIBUTING.md page which provides minimum pointers to visitors and which can be overridden in plugin by maintainers. I believe it is a net positive thing though the page might cause contradiction in repositories which define contributing guidelines in README and other similar locations. So I would appreciate feedback w.r.t this proposal.

Thanks for your feedback,
Oleg

Oleg Nenashev

Dec 1, 2019, 2:49:04 AM12/1/19
to Jenkins Developers
Taking the positive reviews in the pull request, I am going to integrate it tomorrow if no negative feedback