Releasing tables-to-divs regression fixes for 2.277.1

Oleg Nenashev

Mar 9, 2021, 10:04:21 AM3/9/21
to JenkinsCI Developers, Stefan Wolf, rcg...@gmail.com, mdon...@java.net, Robert Sandell
Hi all,

The 2.277.1 LTS release is expected to land tomorrow, and it includes the tables-to-dvs change. Not all plugins have been fixed by now (query for some known regressions). We have a number of plugins with pending regression fixes, including some key plugins.

Plugins with pending PRs:
  • authorize-project (up for adoption)
  • join (Stefan Wolf is the last maintainer)
  • gitlab (up for adoption)
  • gerrit-trigger (Robert sandel is the last maintainer)
  • publish-over-ftp  (up for adoption)
  • publish-over-dropbox (René de Groot)
  • createjobadvanced (up for adoption)
  • xldeploy (not sure who is the maintainer)
  • hpe-application-automation-tools-plugin (pending release)
In the current state we are likely to experience many reports from Jenkins LTS users. This change will be referenced in the upgrade guidelines, but it is not a solution for all users. I kindly ask about the following...
  • Jenkins Developers - Approve releasing up-for-adoption plugins without taking ownership. I can do that if there is a consensus
  • CCed plugin maintainers - Release the referenced plugin versions.
Thanks in advance,
Oleg

Jesse Glick

Mar 9, 2021, 1:43:33 PM3/9/21
to Jenkins Dev
On Tue, Mar 9, 2021 at 10:04 AM Oleg Nenashev <o.v.ne...@gmail.com> wrote:
  • Approve releasing up-for-adoption plugins without taking ownership.
+1

Gavin Mogan

Mar 9, 2021, 2:14:19 PM3/9/21
to Jenkins Developers
if you do released un-maintained plugin, can you make sure the release notes clearly indicate that its a non maintainer release, lots of people use last release to see how maintained a plugin in, resetting that value when there will be no followup will be frustrating.

Tim Jacomb

Mar 9, 2021, 3:08:00 PM3/9/21
to Jenkins Developers
Approve releasing up-for-adoption plugins without taking ownership.

+1

Oleg Nenashev

Mar 9, 2021, 7:07:25 PM3/9/21
to Jenkins Developers
Thanks all! I will start releasing up-for-adoption plugins tomorrow

Mark Waite

Mar 9, 2021, 7:11:42 PM3/9/21
to jenkinsci-dev
+1 from me also for releases of plugins that are up for adoption.

Manuel Ramón León Jiménez

Mar 10, 2021, 5:10:59 AM3/10/21
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com

Oleg Nenashev