Google Season of Docs - Jenkins on Kubernetes

Mark Waite

Aug 26, 2020, 12:39:33 PM8/26/20
to Jenkins Developers
The Jenkins project has been accepted as a mentoring organization in Google Season of Docs.  This is our first year as a Google Season of Docs mentoring organization.  The project will document "Jenkins on Kubernetes".

Zainab Abubakar has been accepted as the Google Season of Docs technical writer for the Jenkins project.  Her proposal to document "Jenkins on Kubernetes" will be reviewed in more detail in this Friday's meeting of the Jenkins Documentation Special Interest Group.

Documentation SIG meeting is Friday, August 28, 2020 at 13:00 UTC. We'd love to have others join us as additional mentors and participants to assist with Jenkins on Kubernetes.  See the Docs SIG page for more information on the Friday meeting.

We're grateful to the mentors that have agreed to assist Zainab in her documentation efforts, including Kristin Whetstone and Marky Jackson-Taulia.

Marky Jackson will also be hosting knowledge sharing sessions in the Cloud Native SIG for Helm charts and other topics.

Mark Waite

Torsten Walter

Aug 26, 2020, 2:40:50 PM8/26/20
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

as offered via Twitter. I am willing to help Zainab wherever possible.
In the meantime the migration of the stable/jenkins helm chart to jenkinsci org has started. I am currently preparing an intro session of the helm chart which can be presented knowledge sharing sessions in the Cloud Native SIG.

Depending on when that topic will be on the agenda Zainab could either join that session or work together with me to prepare the material.

I though about creating some diagrams with https://diagrams.mingrammer.com/docs/getting-started/examples to visualize how things work together.

@Mark: You asked to join the intro session. Could you organize a virtual meeting with Zainab, you, myself and whoever else is interested. Would be great to get to know each other, to share ideas regarding documentation and short into into the helm chart.

Regards
Torsten

Mark Waite

Aug 26, 2020, 4:56:01 PM8/26/20
to jenkinsci-dev
On Wed, Aug 26, 2020 at 12:40 PM Torsten Walter <ma...@torstenwalter.de> wrote:
[...]

Thanks very much!

I believe that Marky intends to include that intro session as part of the Cloud Native SIG sessions.  I'll check with him to see if I interpreted that correctly.  If not, then I'll schedule a session where you and Zainab can sit together with me listening and others invited to attend if they wish.

Mark Waite

Regards
Torsten

On Wed, 26 Aug 2020, 18:39 Mark Waite, <mark.ea...@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

Marky Jackson

Aug 27, 2020, 6:10:42 AM8/27/20
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Pardon my delay in responding.
Mark Waite is correct, I will present something but and very happy to work together with you on this.

{
    "regards" : {
         "name" : “marky”,
         "phone" : "+1 (408) 464 2965”,
         "email" : “marky.r...@gmail.com",
         "team" : “jackson5“,
 “role” : “software engineer"
     }
 }

Mark Waite

Sep 10, 2020, 1:56:38 PM9/10/20
to jenkinsci-dev
I've sent an invitation to a "doodle.com" poll trying to find a time that will work for the introduction to the Jenkins helm chart.  It needs to be after DevOps World (Sep 22-24), so the times were chosen in the week of Sep 28.

Poll is at https://doodle.com/poll/a4zyxriy7729hvpn if others would like to join the session