Git Parameter Plug-in does not list Git commit Ids

Sukumar Reddy

Apr 20, 2017, 8:03:39 AM4/20/17
to Jenkins Developers
Hello All,

we are using jenkins 2.7.22.0.3 (cloudbees version)
Configured build parameterized job and i am able to view the git commit ids in git parameter box

Attached images for better understanding. Please suggest me if any one has come across similar issue
git-parameter-1.png
git-commitid-2.png

Mark Waite

Apr 20, 2017, 8:18:59 AM4/20/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
When I experimented with it, it seemed that the git parameter plugin requires the field "Branch" be an exact branch name (like origin/master) rather than a wildcard match.  The help for that field does not mention support of wildcard matches (nor does it say that wildcard matches are not supported).

Based on that image, I assume you're trying to show all the revisions in the branch */develop_test as choices in the pick list.  Your users will then choose a specific revision parameter based on SHA1, author name, and time of the commit.  Is that a correct assumption?  If so, can you explain your use case?  I'm curious how users will select specific commits rather than branch names or tag names.

I've attached a picture of the pick list (with revisions) generated for one of my repositories.git-parameter-plugin-revision-output.png

Mark Waite

Sukumar Reddy

Apr 20, 2017, 11:17:37 AM4/20/17
to Jenkins Developers
Hello Mark,

thanks a lot for your reply, but i am not able to view git commit Ids after configuring as per your suggestion

Thanks
psk

Daniel Beck

Apr 20, 2017, 11:49:23 AM4/20/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com

> On 20.04.2017, at 17:17, Sukumar Reddy <sukuma...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> thanks a lot for your reply, but i am not able to view git commit Ids after configuring as per your suggestion

This is not the appropriate mailing list for this kind of question.