Error in Eclipse Compiling

Mark...@wellsfargo.com

Sep 22, 2017, 1:55:14 PM9/22/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I am attempting to recompile Jenkins so we can make some minor changes in the HTML for the Login.

I am getting the following error for each Jenkins project (cli, Jenkins-core, Jenkins-master, Jenkins-war, and test).

Project build error: Non-resolvable parent POM for org.jenkins-ci.main:pom:2.78-SNAPSHOT: Failure to transfer org.jenkins-ci:jenkins:pom:1.38 from http://repo.jenkins-ci.org/public/ was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of repo.jenkins-ci.org has elapsed or updates are forced.

I know nothing about Maven, and haven’t developed in Java for 8 years. Which project is Jenkins parent POM, Or is it the POM.XML in the Jenkins-Master Root. It doesn’t like the default (..), so I don’t think that is it.

Thanks

Mark D

Mark Waite

Sep 22, 2017, 2:06:58 PM9/22/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
I think you may need to adjust your ~/.m2/settings.xml file to know about the Jenkins build artifact repository.

Mark Waite

Mark...@wellsfargo.com

Sep 22, 2017, 3:16:22 PM9/22/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com

Thank you Mark,

That didn’t seem to help, I am still getting the same error, and I looked at the error, and is it attempting to download some content from an the FTP site (http://repo.jenkins-ci.org/public/), if it is that could be a problem there. My firewall at work blocks all file downloads from external sites.

Thanks

Mark D

Mark Waite

Sep 22, 2017, 3:47:11 PM9/22/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
If you can't reach external sites with http, then you won't be able to compile Jenkins, at least as far as I know.  It depends on external sites (like Maven Central) to deliver compiled components on which it depends.

Mark Waite

Mark...@wellsfargo.com

Sep 22, 2017, 5:35:00 PM9/22/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com

Dang it,

Mark, Thank you for your time and your help.

James Nord

Sep 25, 2017, 4:59:17 AM9/25/17
to Jenkins Developers
Well if you can reach external sites via a company proxy then you can, you do not need direct access to build.

/James