unable to transition Jira issue(s)

James Nord

Jul 6, 2020, 10:26:44 AM7/6/20
to Jenkins Developers
Hi all,

for some reason I can not close some specific Jira issues (other issues are fine)?
anything in the following query seems like it can not change state : https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-61646?jql=summary%20~%20%22attempt%20reconnect%22%20and%20component%20%3D%20kubernetes-credentials-provider-plugin%20

/James

Devin Nusbaum

Jul 6, 2020, 10:43:36 AM7/6/20
to 'Gavin Mogan' via Jenkins Developers
In my experience, this happens when someone tries to file a new issue while Jira is having problems. Jira reports that the issue couldn’t be created, so users try to submit the form again, and once the problem with Jira is resolved all of the submissions show up as duplicate issues where the status is broken and can’t be modified. What I normally do is clone one of the duplicates to get a new issue that isn’t broken, and then file an INFRA ticket asking admins to delete all of the duplicates. See https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/INFRA-2581 as an example.

Mark Waite

Jul 6, 2020, 10:57:13 AM7/6/20
to jenkinsci-dev
I saw the same problem with several issues that had been created when Jira was having serious issues (disc space, etc.).  My ugly workaround was to use "Move" to change the issue from one project to another, then use "Move" again to change it back.  When it came back to the same project, it could then have its state changed and it behaved like a normal Jira issue.

If you want me to apply that technique to the specific issue, let me know.

James Nord

Jul 6, 2020, 11:06:32 AM7/6/20
to Jenkins Developers
Thanks all for the tips.

bulk moving the issues to the TEST project and back fixed it.

/James