Installing jenkins frontend and backend separately

Waruna Ranasinghe

Aug 11, 2017, 7:03:50 PM8/11/17
to Jenkins Developers
Hi all,

I'm interested in installing frontend and backends of jenkins separately and I would like to have one front end server and multiple backend servers. Then connect to backend servers using the front end server.

I would like to know whether it is already possible? or is it possible achieve this with few code tweaks or is this require major code changes like write my own front end?

Thanks,
Waruna

Mark Waite

Aug 11, 2017, 7:11:25 PM8/11/17
to Jenkins Developers
Jenkins doesn't really have a concept of a front end and a back end.  There is a Jenkins war file which provides the REST API, the web page generation, and the storage.

Separating it into a front end and a back end is probably an enormous effort.

Can you provide a higher level view of your need?

What are you trying to accomplish by splitting into front end and back end?

Mark Waite