Jenkins 2.89.3 LTS RC testing started

Oliver Gondža

Jan 4, 2018, 3:12:45 AM1/4/18
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

Latest LTS RC was made public and it is ready to be tested. Release is
scheduled for 2018-01-17.

Report your findings in this thread or on the test plan wiki page.

Download bits from
http://mirrors.jenkins-ci.org/war-stable-rc/2.89.3/jenkins.war
Check community maintained LTS test plan
https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/LTS+2.89.x+RC+Testing

Thanks
--
oliver

Mark Waite

Jan 4, 2018, 9:27:48 AM1/4/18
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Oliver,

Thanks for the release candidate. Is there a docker slim image for the release candidate testing?

I'm transitioning from testing with a derivative of the Dockerfile as provided by https://github.com/jenkinsci/docker to using the images available from https://hub.docker.com/r/jenkins/jenkins/ as the base image.  Unfortunately, I don't see a tag for the release candidate.

Is that intentional?

If that's intentional, I'll test the release candidate with my Dockerfile derivative technique rather than using official images as the base image.

Thanks,
Mark Waite

Oliver Gondža

Jan 4, 2018, 9:44:27 AM1/4/18
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
On 2018-01-04 15:27, Mark Waite wrote:
> Oliver,
>
> Thanks for the release candidate. Is there a docker slim image for the
> release candidate testing?
>
> I'm transitioning from testing with a derivative of the Dockerfile as
> provided by https://github.com/jenkinsci/docker to using the images
> available from https://hub.docker.com/r/jenkins/jenkins/ as the base
> image.  Unfortunately, I don't see a tag for the release candidate.
>
> Is that intentional?
>
> If that's intentional, I'll test the release candidate with my
> Dockerfile derivative technique rather than using official images as the
> base image.

There are no LTS RC docker images generated at the moment. It would be
great if we can provide users some reusing the image building infra we
use for releases, but I never gave it a try.

--
oliver