JENKINS-27530 - cannot create a build with number X

Shaun Thompson

Sep 5, 2017, 9:29:51 AM9/5/17
to Jenkins Developers
I have a WorkflowJob that I've created dynamically on the installation of my custom plugin. I'm running into the issue noted in the subject when scheduling a build after a restart of Jenkins - testing locally.

```
workflowJob.scheduleBuild2(0, new SomeAction());
```

I thought the job would auto-increment as necessary but that doesn't seem to be the case after a restart.  What am I missing?

Thanks

Jesse Glick

Sep 5, 2017, 6:07:01 PM9/5/17
to Jenkins Dev
Perhaps you are attempting to schedule the build early during Jenkins startup, before state is actually initialized? Just a guess.

Shaun Thompson

Sep 6, 2017, 1:36:50 PM9/6/17
to Jenkins Dev
This happens after Jenkins notes that it's fully up and running.

On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 5:07 PM Jesse Glick <jgl...@cloudbees.com> wrote:
Perhaps you are attempting to schedule the build early during Jenkins startup, before state is actually initialized? Just a guess.

Jesse Glick

Sep 6, 2017, 6:24:54 PM9/6/17
to Jenkins Dev
On Wed, Sep 6, 2017 at 1:36 PM, Shaun Thompson <sth...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This happens after Jenkins notes that it's fully up and running.

Then I have no clue; try to create a minimal, self-contained,
reproducible test case that a core dev could analyze.