[PROPOSAL] Continuous Delivery of Jenkins Components

Sett 35 ganger
Hopp til første uleste melding

Jesse Glick

ulest,
14. okt. 2020, 18:04:0514.10.2020
til Jenkins Dev
I have had this on the back burner for a while and just got around to
finishing the write-up. The core capability actually already works, if
a little crudely, but to be widely adopted we would need to implement
some infrastructure at the organization level to make it simple for
maintainers to set up.

https://github.com/jenkinsci/jep/pull/315

Jesse Glick

ulest,
6. jan. 2021, 17:31:5906.01.2021
til Jenkins Dev
This is now JEP-229 and is basically implemented and working on two little plugins now. Are owners of components in @jenkinsci (not necessarily plugins…) interested in beta-testing?

This is particularly pleasing in conjunction with GitHub’s new auto-merge feature, which you can enable as a repo owner as part of branch protection: you can prepare some change, file a PR for it with a meaningful title and a classification label like `feature`, click the button to auto-merge, and go to bed. If and when the Jenkins build passes, the PR will get merged to `master`. If and when the `master` build also passes, your component will be deployed, release notes will be created for you, and (in the case of a plugin) it will appear on the update center soon thereafter.

Mark Waite

ulest,
6. jan. 2021, 18:36:4506.01.2021
til jenkinsci-dev
I'd like to try it on the platformlabeler-plugin, though I won't have any time to investigate it for at least 10 days.

Svar alle
Svar til forfatter
Videresend
0 nye meldinger