Moving Jenkins credentials to Google KMS

Tomer Tuchner

Aug 25, 2020, 4:23:28 PM8/25/20
to Jenkins Developers
Hello,

Is it possible to move Jenkins Credentials to Google KMS, and read it from Jenkins to use in different places like pipeline projects and different Jenkins plugins?

I searched for a guide on how to do that and didn't find anything.

Thanks,
Tomer.

Jesse Glick

Aug 25, 2020, 4:42:17 PM8/25/20
to Jenkins Dev
On Tue, Aug 25, 2020 at 4:23 PM Tomer Tuchner <tome...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to move Jenkins Credentials to Google KMS, and read it from Jenkins to use in different places like pipeline projects and different Jenkins plugins?

It should be.

> I searched for a guide on how to do that and didn't find anything.

https://www.jenkins.io/doc/developer/extensions/credentials/#credentialsprovider

Tomer Tuchner

Aug 26, 2020, 6:11:36 AM8/26/20
to Jenkins Developers
Hello Jesse,

Thanks for the link, but didn't find there a plugin specific for Google KMS. Maybe I'm missing something? Can you reference to the plugin?

Thanks,
Tomer.
ב-יום שלישי, 25 באוגוסט 2020 בשעה 23:42:17 UTC+3, ‪Jesse Glick‬‏ כתב/ה:

Gavin Mogan

Aug 26, 2020, 12:03:58 PM8/26/20
to Jenkins Developers
If your asking how set it up for your install. That would be the users list.

If your asking how to make or develop the plugin yourself thjs is the correct list.

I think you want users list.