unit tests deliver "cannot listen to UDP port ..." is this ok ?

Luca Toldo

Oct 24, 2020, 9:50:29 AM10/24/20
to Jenkins Developers
Dear JenkinsDevs,
with a "write to vault" capability.
Actually, is really little work since the *real* part is done by the underlying java driver   https://github.com/BetterCloud/vault-java-driver.
Anyhow, is good practice of doing unit tests, and what I am facing now is that by running the unit tests provided by the hascicorp-vault-plugin I keep getting  the following line in the log

 INFO hudson.UDPBroadcastThread#run: Cannot listen to UDP port 33,848, skipping: java.net.SocketException: Can't assign requested address (local port 33848 to address 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0, remote host unknown)

It looks to me as if it is just an INFO however I would like to know
a) if is just INFO and has no practical impact on the meaning of the error
b) how to suppress it

thanks !

Jesse Glick

Oct 25, 2020, 2:39:34 PM10/25/20
to Jenkins Dev
On Sat, Oct 24, 2020 at 9:50 AM Luca Toldo <luca...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It looks to me as if it is just an INFO however I would like to know
> a) if is just INFO

It is.

> b) how to suppress it

Use a more recent `jenkins.version`.