Issue with upgrading to Jenkins 2.76

Rijo Simon

Jan 2, 2018, 1:11:19 PM1/2/18
to Jenkins Developers
I have been building a plugin project in 2.60.3, but now I need to upgrade to 2.76 because my understanding is that you need to upgrade to this version to have Multibranch Pipeline item under New Items tab. But on updating jenkins.version to 2.76 I get the following error:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-enforcer-
plugin:1.3.1:enforce (display-info) on project XXX:
Execution display-info of goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-enforcer-
plugin:1.3.1:enforce failed: org.apache.maven.shared.dependency.graph.
DependencyGraphBuilderException : Could not resolve dependencies for
project XXX:XXX:hpi:1.0-SNAPSHOT:
Failure to find org.jenkins-ci.main:jenkins-war:jar:war-for-test:2.76
in https://repo.jenkins-ci.org/public/ was cached in the local
repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update
interval of repo.jenkins-ci.org has elapsed or updates are forced ->
[Help 1]

I don't understand how to resolve this. Help would be appreciated.

My POM file is attached below.
pom.xml

Jesse Glick

Jan 2, 2018, 1:22:25 PM1/2/18
to Jenkins Dev
On Tue, Jan 2, 2018 at 1:04 PM, Rijo Simon <ri...@rijosimon.com> wrote:
> Failure to find org.jenkins-ci.main:jenkins-war:jar:war-for-test:2.76

You are using an old parent POM; update it.

Daniel Beck

Jan 2, 2018, 1:23:12 PM1/2/18
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com

> On 2. Jan 2018, at 19:04, Rijo Simon <ri...@rijosimon.com> wrote:
>
> I don't understand how to resolve this.

Update to a more recent parent POM; war-for-test artifacts have been discontinued.

See https://github.com/jenkinsci/plugin-pom/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md

Rijo Simon

Jan 2, 2018, 1:59:46 PM1/2/18
to Jenkins Developers
Newbie to both Jenkins dev and maven, so sorry if this sounds dumb. What do you mean by update to a more recent parent POM? On updating the version of for org.jenkins-ci.plugins to 3.1 I get the following error:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-enforcer-plugin:3.0.0-M1:enforce (display-info) on project gobuildsandboxbuilder: Execution display-info of goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-enforcer-plugin:3.0.0-M1:enforce failed: Unknown JDK version given. Should be something like "1.7" -> [Help 1]

Also the model version for the POM is 4.0.0, what specifically should I be updating to update to a more recent POM?

Thanks,

Rijo

Daniel Beck

Jan 2, 2018, 2:38:09 PM1/2/18
to Jenkins Developers

> On 2. Jan 2018, at 19:53, Rijo Simon <ri...@rijosimon.com> wrote:
>
> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-enforcer-plugin:3.0.0-M1:enforce (display-info) on project gobuildsandboxbuilder: Execution display-info of goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-enforcer-plugin:3.0.0-M1:enforce failed: Unknown JDK version given. Should be something like "1.7" -> [Help 1]

You need to adapt to other changes in the parent pom, such as explicitly specifying a JDK version. The changelog I link to should give you an overview what may be needed.

Ullrich Hafner

Jan 3, 2018, 7:03:14 PM1/3/18
to Jenkins Developers
I’m not sure if this is related: I get in IntelliJ an error for my plug-ins that the artefact org.jenkins-ci.main:jenkins-war:executable-war:2.73.3 cannot be resolved. (See screenshot)
I’m using plugin parent 3.2 and test harness 2.33.

Is there a way to get around this error? (There is not problem using mvn in the console.)

signature.asc

Jesse Glick

Jan 4, 2018, 7:02:00 PM1/4/18
to Jenkins Dev
I suppose this is an aspect of JENKINS-45245, but if the test actually
runs (as it should in JTH 2.27+), why do you care?

Ullrich Hafner

Jan 4, 2018, 7:26:36 PM1/4/18
to Jenkins Developers
Well, I just do not like red squiggles somewhere in the project. It looks like a compile error - so if I ignore it now I might ignore some other important red squiggles in the future...

> Am 05.01.2018 um 01:01 schrieb Jesse Glick <jgl...@cloudbees.com>:
>
> I suppose this is an aspect of JENKINS-45245, but if the test actually
> runs (as it should in JTH 2.27+), why do you care?

signature.asc

Jesse Glick

Jan 5, 2018, 11:19:05 AM1/5/18
to Jenkins Dev
On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 7:26 PM, Ullrich Hafner <ullrich...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just do not like red squiggles somewhere in the project. It looks like a compile error

Right. Well, other than voting for the known IDEA bug, not sure what
to tell you.