Multiple plugin adoption

br...@hashvault.io

Sep 2, 2020, 5:24:03 PM9/2/20
to Jenkins Developers
Hello Jenkins Developers,

I've been using Jenkins since the Hudson days and have recently started to contribute back to the project since I have the time.  I opened a couple of PRs on the repositories below that deal with the documentation migration from the wiki.  I was able to merge one that Arnaud Heritier helped me with for the pipeline-maven-plugin he has adopted.

These PRs have been sitting out here for a few weeks and I noticed that the projects have 1 or fewer commits combined total in the past year.

I know the emailext-template-plugin and extended-choice-parameter-plugin pretty well.  The built-on-column plugin looks really simple to maintain.  The only one I'm hesitant to touch is the authorize-project-plugin since that looks pretty sensitive in nature.

If I am unable to adopt multiple plugins at the same time (or any for that matter), I'd at least like to get the ball rolling on a discussion for who should adopt these plugins.

Plugin commit history over the past year:

https://github.com/jenkinsci/emailext-template-plugin/graphs/commit-activity
https://github.com/jenkinsci/built-on-column-plugin/graphs/commit-activity
https://github.com/jenkinsci/extended-choice-parameter-plugin/graphs/commit-activity

Thank you,
Brian

Slide

Sep 2, 2020, 5:42:02 PM9/2/20
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
I merged the PR for emailext-template, I am not sure why I wasn't notified about your PR. I will add you to the committers list for the plugin.

br...@hashvault.io

Sep 2, 2020, 5:52:01 PM9/2/20
to Jenkins Developers
Thanks a lot, Alex!

Jesse Glick

Sep 2, 2020, 5:57:40 PM9/2/20
to Jenkins Dev
On Wed, Sep 2, 2020 at 5:24 PM br...@hashvault.io <br...@hashvault.io> wrote:
> The only one I'm hesitant to touch is the authorize-project-plugin since that looks pretty sensitive in nature.

It is indeed rather sensitive.