Feature switch, is there a way to turn off a build/publisher/step?

Michael Carter

Aug 21, 2020, 1:39:26 PM8/21/20
to Jenkins Developers
Want to be able to turn off a command so it won't show in freestyle jobs, pipeline syntax generator, etc...

Is there a way to do this.  First part is for a brand new function being worked on but we have to package the plugin and don't anyone using the new command yet.   That way if ready we just say flip a checkbox on a config page.

The other side is is there a way to disable it with a switch.  That way anyone using it the command is just skipped?  Realize this we could just code in the switch ... wanted to see if there was a more standard way.

Jesse Glick

Aug 21, 2020, 5:56:55 PM8/21/20
to Jenkins Dev
On Fri, Aug 21, 2020 at 1:39 PM Michael Carter
<mikeyca...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Want to be able to turn off a command so it won't show in freestyle jobs, pipeline syntax generator, etc...
>
> Is there a way to do this.

https://javadoc.jenkins.io/hudson/model/DescriptorVisibilityFilter.html
though it is not universally honored.