Request for commit access

Drew DeVault

Jul 25, 2017, 9:43:23 AM7/25/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hey, can I get commit access to this repository?

https://github.com/jenkinsci/ircbot-plugin

My GitHub username is SirCmpwn. I'd like to merge this PR:

https://github.com/jenkinsci/ircbot-plugin/pull/18

Thanks!

--
Drew DeVault

ddev...@vistarmedia.com

Jul 28, 2017, 9:59:03 AM7/28/17
to Jenkins Developers
Bump.

Baptiste Mathus

Jul 28, 2017, 4:28:23 PM7/28/17
to Jenkins Developers
Hello, please follow the process https://wiki.jenkins.io/display/JENKINS/Adopt+a+Plugin#AdoptaPlugin-IknowwhichpluginIwanttohelpwith,whatshouldIdonow?

Especially hence the part where we ask you to do a best effort to put the last/current known maintainers in CC of an email to do that here.

Also, but that's just my opinion, I'm a a bit worried by that phrasing "I'd like to merge a PR" instead of "I'd like to take over maintainership"...

Drew DeVault

Jul 28, 2017, 4:30:40 PM7/28/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, ku...@gmx.de
Thanks for the advice. Happy to take over maintainership, just providing
context for why I came around. Current maintainer is cc'd now.

Context:

Drew DeVault

Aug 2, 2017, 9:57:25 AM8/2/17
to Christoph Kutzinski, jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Christoph - are you able to do the transfer or does someone else
have to be invoved?

Oleg Nenashev

Aug 4, 2017, 4:41:20 AM8/4/17
to Jenkins Developers, ku...@gmx.de
Hi Drew,

I can transfer the ownership, but I also need a Jira ID

I also do not see the response from Cristoph in this thread. Seems it got lost in Re:Re:s

Drew DeVault

Aug 7, 2017, 8:59:31 AM8/7/17
On 2017-08-04 1:41 AM, Oleg Nenashev wrote:
> Hi Drew,
>
> I can transfer the ownership, but I also need a Jira ID

My Jira ID is sircmpwn.

> I also do not see the response from Cristoph in this thread. Seems it got
> lost in Re:Re:s

Odd, he copied jenkinsci-dev. It was an HTML email though, maybe those
get filtered?

--
Drew DeVault

Daniel Beck

Aug 7, 2017, 4:33:22 PM8/7/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, ku...@gmx.de

> On 7. Aug 2017, at 14:59, Drew DeVault <ddev...@vistarmedia.com> wrote:
>
> Odd, he copied jenkinsci-dev

Maybe not subscribed anymore? Those emails get rejected.

Baptiste Mathus

Aug 8, 2017, 8:40:07 AM8/8/17
to Jenkins Developers, Christoph Kutzinski
I believe they're not supposed to be rejected, simply queued up for moderation isn't it? Indeed I had checked it and never found/saw any email from Christoph there. And I guess the moderators wouldn't have deleted it... Another weird case of Google groups....

(Is there any audit log for this in alternative solutions if we get back to this subject some day?)

Oleg Nenashev

Aug 14, 2017, 3:07:21 AM8/14/17
to Jenkins Developers, ku...@gmx.de, m...@batmat.net, R. Tyler Croy
Added Tyler to Cc.
Maybe he has enough superpowers to check the moderator log in the ML.

So far I do not see confirmation unfortunately

Le 7 août 2017 22:33, "Daniel Beck" <m...@beckweb.net> a écrit :

> On 7. Aug 2017, at 14:59, Drew DeVault <ddev...@vistarmedia.com> wrote:
>
> Odd, he copied jenkinsci-dev

Maybe not subscribed anymore? Those emails get rejected.

Daniel Beck

Aug 14, 2017, 7:19:27 AM8/14/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, Christoph Kutzinski

> On 8. Aug 2017, at 14:40, Baptiste Mathus <m...@batmat.net> wrote:
>
> I believe they're not supposed to be rejected, simply queued up for moderation isn't it? Indeed I had checked it and never found/saw any email from Christoph there

If you're not subscribed, you get a response saying that your email was rejected, because the group doesn't exist or you're not subscribed.

Christoph, could you resubscribe and respond to this thread, or email one of us directly so we can forward your response?

Thanks!
Daniel

Drew DeVault

Aug 16, 2017, 3:05:41 PM8/16/17
On 2017-08-14 1:19 PM, Daniel Beck wrote:
> Christoph, could you resubscribe and respond to this thread, or email
> one of us directly so we can forward your response?

Can we just tick this over into the "unresponsive maintainer" category
of adoption requests? 3 weeks has passed since the initial request.

--
Drew DeVault

Oleg Nenashev

Aug 16, 2017, 3:15:37 PM8/16/17
to JenkinsCI Developers, Christoph Kutzinski
Can we just tick this over into the "unresponsive maintainer" category
of adoption requests?

I am fine with that. There are several maintainers, who do not work in the Jenkins project for sure. Not sure if it fits the current governance docs and  CoC.

BR, Oleg

Drew DeVault

Aug 18, 2017, 10:30:17 AM8/18/17
On 2017-08-16 9:15 PM, Oleg Nenashev wrote:
> I am fine with that. There are several maintainers, who do not work in the
> Jenkins project for sure. Not sure if it fits the current governance docs
> and CoC.

How do we proceed?

Oleg Nenashev

Aug 19, 2017, 4:02:31 PM8/19/17
to Jenkins Developers, ku...@gmx.de
Cristoph was in Cc starting from Aug 4. So the 2 week response timeout is reached even if there was no confirmation. Don't get me wrong, I believe there was a response from him.

I have granted the access and changed the default assignee in JIRA.

Welcome onboard! And sorry for the delay.

BR, Oleg

Drew DeVault

Aug 23, 2017, 9:29:39 AM8/23/17
On 2017-08-19 1:02 PM, Oleg Nenashev wrote:
> I have granted the access and changed the default assignee in JIRA.
>
> Welcome onboard! And sorry for the delay.

Many thanks!