Releasing CppNCSS plugin with JEP-200 compatibility fixes

Oleg Nenashev

Jan 31, 2018, 2:30:25 AM1/31/18
to Jenkins Developers
Hi all,

I want to release the new version of CppNCSS plugin with a fix, which makes the plugin compatible with JEP-200 and resolves some other issues reported to the plugin (Pull request). The last release of the plugin was in Feb 2011. The last maintainer is Alan Harder, who is not active in the Jenkins project anymore.

I would like to release the new plugin version, but I do not want to take ownership since I do not use CppNCSS anymore. I propose the following approach:
  • Release the plugin
  • Maintain it for ~1month, ensure there is no regressions introduced (JEP-200 reviewers will monitor that)
  • Mark the plugin for adoption
WDYT?

Thanks in advance,
Oleg

Jesse Glick

Jan 31, 2018, 9:37:29 AM1/31/18
to Jenkins Dev
On Wed, Jan 31, 2018 at 2:30 AM, Oleg Nenashev <o.v.ne...@gmail.com> wrote:
> WDYT?

+1

slide

Feb 1, 2018, 11:24:03 AM2/1/18
to Jenkins Developers
+1 for sure

Ullrich Hafner

Feb 1, 2018, 1:56:38 PM2/1/18
to Jenkins Developers
+1

signature.asc

Oleg Nenashev

Feb 2, 2018, 5:52:34 AM2/2/18
to Jenkins Developers
OK, I will proceed with the release

Baptiste Mathus

Feb 2, 2018, 8:53:51 AM2/2/18
to Jenkins Developers
Belated +1.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/e0b38c80-a36c-451a-8596-dbb8f761bba1%40googlegroups.com.

Oleg Nenashev

Feb 2, 2018, 8:58:11 AM2/2/18
to JenkinsCI Developers
Not belated, I cannot release plugins from the meeting place :)
Will ship it on the evening or from the FOSDEM table.

Oleg Nenashev

Feb 4, 2018, 7:08:52 AM2/4/18
to Jenkins Developers
The plugin is out (version 1.2).