Asking for commiter access to amazon-ecs-plugin

Jan Roehrich

May 9, 2016, 3:41:24 AM5/9/16
to Jenkins Developers
Hi list,

I got commit permissions for the aws-credentials plugin recently. Thanks
a lot for that!

Would you mind giving me permissions to
https://github.com/jenkinsci/amazon-ecs-plugin as well? There are two
pending pull request from me and I would like to proceed with
development of the plugin:

https://github.com/jenkinsci/amazon-ecs-plugin/pull/22
https://github.com/jenkinsci/amazon-ecs-plugin/pull/21

More fixes towards a bulletproff interaction with AWS will come.

Regards, Jan

Jan Roehrich

May 20, 2016, 6:52:27 AM5/20/16
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Any update here? I still would like to have commit permissions on
https://github.com/jenkinsci/amazon-ecs-plugin to be able to merge
waiting pull requests and create a new release.

Regards, Jan

Daniel Beck

May 20, 2016, 7:05:12 AM5/20/16
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, nicolas de loof
Let's ask Nicolas, who appears to actively maintain this plugin.

Jan Roehrich

May 30, 2016, 9:33:19 AM5/30/16
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, nicolas...@gmail.com
Hi Nicolas,

again asking for commiter access to amazon-ecs-plugin. In the meantime I
added a big pull request which significantly improves ECS scalability usage.

Please tell me if it is possible to become a committer. I would
appreciate that. Otherwise it ok too ... I'm going to fork the plugin
then. Just let me know.

Regards, Jan

Daniel Beck

Jun 16, 2016, 1:20:06 PM6/16/16
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, Jan Roehrich

> On 30.05.2016, at 15:33, Jan Roehrich <jen...@dev.roehrich.eu> wrote:
>
> Please tell me if it is possible to become a committer. I would appreciate that. Otherwise it ok too ... I'm going to fork the plugin then. Just let me know.

Hi Jan,

I asked Nicolas -- he's fine with giving you commit access, and ideally you'd take over as maintainer of the plugin. Is that something you'd be willing to do?

Daniel

Jan Roehrich

Jun 19, 2016, 8:06:44 AM6/19/16
to Daniel Beck, jenkin...@googlegroups.com
>> Please tell me if it is possible to become a committer. I would appreciate that. Otherwise it ok too ... I'm going to fork the plugin then. Just let me know.
>
> Hi Jan,
>
> I asked Nicolas -- he's fine with giving you commit access, and ideally you'd take over as maintainer of the plugin. Is that something you'd be willing to do?
>
> Daniel

Hi Daniel,

this would be the first time as a maintainer and I hope I'll do it well.
Lets do so. I'm looking forward to it.

Jan

Baptiste Mathus

Jun 19, 2016, 8:18:02 AM6/19/16
to Jenkins Developers, Daniel Beck
Great. Can you remind us your Jenkins (for JIRA issues assignment and set you as the lead) & GitHub id (for push access)?

Thanks

Jan Roehrich

Jun 21, 2016, 9:59:48 AM6/21/16
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, Daniel Beck
Hi Baptiste,

here you go:

GitHub: roehrijn
Jenkins: roehrijn2

Regards, Jan

> Great. Can you remind us your Jenkins (for JIRA issues assignment and
> set you as the lead) & GitHub id (for push access)?
>
> Thanks

> <mailto:jen...@dev.roehrich.eu>>:
>
> Please tell me if it is possible to become a committer. I
> would appreciate that. Otherwise it ok too ... I'm going to
> fork the plugin then. Just let me know.
>

> Hi Jan,
>
> I asked Nicolas -- he's fine with giving you commit access, and
> ideally you'd take over as maintainer of the plugin. Is that
> something you'd be willing to do?
>
> Daniel
>

> Hi Daniel,
>
> this would be the first time as a maintainer and I hope I'll do it
> well. Lets do so. I'm looking forward to it.
>
> Jan

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CANWgJS6uH1-pVG1oRaGTM2-Ehb3LcNF2HLG8y-Xs2NkSwmOJgg%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CANWgJS6uH1-pVG1oRaGTM2-Ehb3LcNF2HLG8y-Xs2NkSwmOJgg%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Daniel Beck

Jun 23, 2016, 5:33:09 AM6/23/16
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
For reference, I made you a committer and component lead.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/a8fa9c78-1378-dd88-f0e9-07da1b1db26e%40dev.roehrich.eu.

Surya yaramada`

Aug 24, 2017, 3:44:22 AM8/24/17
to Jenkins Developers, jen...@dev.roehrich.eu
Hi Jan,
         How are you doing today?
 I tried reaching you through mail but didn't get any responce

Can you please review the pull request which are waiting for your approval for AMAZON-ECS  PLUGIN. waiting for to release the updated version.

Thanks & Regards
Surya

Surya yaramada`

Aug 24, 2017, 4:09:57 PM8/24/17
to Jenkins Developers, jen...@dev.roehrich.eu
Hi,
     Can I get any updates on this?

Thanks
Surya

Daniel Beck

Aug 24, 2017, 4:12:47 PM8/24/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, jen...@dev.roehrich.eu

> On 24. Aug 2017, at 22:09, Surya yaramada` <yrsur...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Can I get any updates on this?

There's no need for multiple emails per day. Give him a week or so. Jan may well be on vacation.

Surya yaramada`

Sep 7, 2017, 11:22:34 AM9/7/17
to Jenkins Developers
Hi,
     I am sorry for interrupting again but can I please know if there is a chance to merge the pull requests for AMAZON-ECS plugin.

Thanks
Surya

Baptiste Mathus

Sep 7, 2017, 5:33:57 PM9/7/17
to Jenkins Developers
Hello,
Seems like Jan is not active either these days or anymore at all.

So either you can see if you want to adopt this plugin (in that case please follow the process described on the wiki), or this is likely to stay this way until someone does I suspect.

Baptiste

Douglas Manley

Sep 19, 2017, 2:29:53 PM9/19/17
to Jenkins Developers
I would be willing to help maintain this plugin.

Jenkins: tekkamanendless

On Thursday, August 24, 2017 at 4:12:47 PM UTC-4, Daniel Beck wrote:

> On 24. Aug 2017, at 22:09, Surya yaramada` <yrsur...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>      Can I get any updates on this?

There's no need for multiple emails per day. Give him a week or so. Jan may well be on vacation.

Surya yaramada`

Sep 21, 2017, 9:48:37 AM9/21/17
to Jenkins Developers
That's awesome!!!

Good luck

Yaramada Surya tej

Sep 27, 2017, 9:52:34 AM9/27/17
to Jenkins Developers
Hi Douglas,
                    whenever you having maintainer access can you please review the pull requests and merge so that we can use the features that are implemented.

Thanks & regards
Surya

Yaramada Surya tej

Oct 9, 2017, 2:15:41 PM10/9/17
to Jenkins Developers
Hi Mathus,
                  How are you doing today? As Jan is not responding for more days and Douglas is willing to maintain this plugin can you please make him as a administrator so that we can utilize this plugin very effectively.

Thanks & Regards
Surya

On Thursday, 7 September 2017 17:33:57 UTC-4, Baptiste Mathus wrote:
Hello,
Seems like Jan is not active either these days or anymore at all.

So either you can see if you want to adopt this plugin (in that case please follow the process described on the wiki), or this is likely to stay this way until someone does I suspect.

Baptiste
Le 7 sept. 2017 17:22, "Surya yaramada`" <yrsur...@gmail.com> a écrit :
Hi,
     I am sorry for interrupting again but can I please know if there is a chance to merge the pull requests for AMAZON-ECS plugin.

Thanks
Surya

On Thursday, August 24, 2017 at 4:12:47 PM UTC-4, Daniel Beck wrote:

> On 24. Aug 2017, at 22:09, Surya yaramada` <yrsur...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>      Can I get any updates on this?

There's no need for multiple emails per day. Give him a week or so. Jan may well be on vacation.

Günter Grodotzki

Nov 29, 2017, 2:43:41 AM11/29/17
to Jenkins Developers
Any updates here? Specifically asking for: https://github.com/jenkinsci/amazon-ecs-plugin/pull/48

Yaramada Surya tej

Nov 29, 2017, 3:39:40 PM11/29/17
to Jenkins Developers
Hi Mathus,
                  It would be great if any one can change the maintainer of this plugin to Douglas as he is willing to took it so that we can utilize this plugin , many of us are waiting to get this pull request merged.

Thanks
Surya

On Thursday, 7 September 2017 17:33:57 UTC-4, Baptiste Mathus wrote:
Hello,
Seems like Jan is not active either these days or anymore at all.

So either you can see if you want to adopt this plugin (in that case please follow the process described on the wiki), or this is likely to stay this way until someone does I suspect.

Baptiste
Le 7 sept. 2017 17:22, "Surya yaramada`" <yrsur...@gmail.com> a écrit :
Hi,
     I am sorry for interrupting again but can I please know if there is a chance to merge the pull requests for AMAZON-ECS plugin.

Thanks
Surya

On Thursday, August 24, 2017 at 4:12:47 PM UTC-4, Daniel Beck wrote:

> On 24. Aug 2017, at 22:09, Surya yaramada` <yrsur...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>      Can I get any updates on this?

There's no need for multiple emails per day. Give him a week or so. Jan may well be on vacation.

Jordi Miguel

Jan 4, 2018, 12:51:18 PM1/4/18
to Jenkins Developers
Hi all,

It's been more than one month since last message on this thread and we still don't see any progress to unblock development. I'm sure Jan made a good job while he was leading the plugin's development and we thank him for it. Unfortunately he doesn't seem to be active anymore so, can we give commit permissions to someone who's active? On previous messages looks like Douglas Manley was happy to take over the role and I suspect he has not changed his mind.
I don't care much who ends up being the new maintainer but we're approaching the year mark since the last commit that found its way to master's branch and there are plenty of PR's waiting for a merge that haven't succeed because we don't have anyone with write permissions in the active community.

I hope we can find a solution to this issue soon. If there is anything I can do to help resolve problems please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,
Jordi

Carlos Sanchez

Feb 15, 2018, 8:04:40 AM2/15/18
to Jenkins Developers

nicolas de loof

Mar 14, 2018, 11:45:43 AM3/14/18
to Jenkins Developers
My +1 here

@Daniel can you proceed with https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/INFRA-1501 ?

AbdulRahman Al Hamali

Feb 1, 2019, 2:51:13 PM2/1/19
to Jenkins Developers
Hi all,

I would like to become a maintainer of this plugin on behalf of my company (Coveo). We are heavy users of Jenkins, and we have members participating in maintaining other plugins, like the ec2 plugin. We will aim to speed up a bit the process of reviewing and accepting pull requests, and we will probably submit a few as well.

As for myself, here's my Github account:
https://github.com/abdulrahmanalhamali
My Jenkins id is: aalhamali.

I will be able to dedicate about 4-8 hours a week for this plugin.
Let me know what you think.

AbdulRahman AlHamali