Jenkins scripted pipeline or declarative pipeline

Nayana Adassuriya

Apr 18, 2017, 10:00:38 PM4/18/17
to Jenkins Developers

Hi,

I'm trying to convert my old style project base workflow to pipeline on Jenkins.

While going trough https://jenkins.io/doc/book/pipeline/ I found there are two different syntax named scripted and declarative. As the Jenkins web declarative syntax release recently (end of 2016).

Though, there is a new syntax release Jenkins still supports scripted syntax as well.

Now I'm not sure in which situation each of these two types could be a best match. scripted syntax will be deprecated soon and declarative will be the future of Jenkins pipeline?

Anyone there to give some thought behind these two syntax types.

Baptiste Mathus

Apr 19, 2017, 4:29:11 AM4/19/17
to Jenkins Developers
Hello,

Please use the users mailing list for question unrelated to the development of Jenkins itself...

Thanks