Request for a new release of Jenkins Acceptance Test Harness

Raul Arabaolaza

Jul 5, 2017, 9:54:08 AM7/5/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

There seems like there are a lot of activity in the acceptance-test-harness project recently and the last version is from May 16th. I believe it will be interesting to cut a new release if possible to pick up recent fixes.

Regards

Baptiste Mathus

Jul 5, 2017, 4:22:16 PM7/5/17
to Jenkins Developers
Just looked at it, and +1. I would make sense to cut a release, to reduce changes size and see issues more progressively. Because I think we're seeing the result of Ulli's students. IIRC he talked about this some time ago here.

I'll try to get an ack from Ulli and/or Oliver before proceeding, to not put crap in the middle of some ongoing changes without notice.

Baptiste Mathus

Jul 6, 2017, 3:55:02 AM7/6/17
to Jenkins Developers
Hola Raul,

I discussed with Ulli a bit and 1) there are ongoing changes that seem to make waiting for them sensible and 2) the number of test failures right now is "higher than usual". So I guess you either will need to wait, or you can possibly accelerate the process by helping fixing/reviewing the ongoing PRs of Ulli's students (and PRs in general, I suppose, as this is a critical project for you indeed).

Cheers!

Oliver Gondža

Aug 2, 2017, 2:37:32 AM8/2/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Most of the PRs is in and the tests looks more or less good so I have
release 1.56 today.

Cheers
--
oliver