S3 plugin maintainership status

Evaristo Gutierrez

Jan 13, 2020, 11:01:28 AM1/13/20
to Jenkins Developers
Hi all,

Nearly a month ago I raised [PR #124|https://github.com/jenkinsci/s3-plugin/pull/124] on the S3 plugin. It has not been reviewed or merged yet. I also noticed that there are quite a lot of open PRs and that the plugin hasn’t been released for more than a year and half.

Possibly it is bad timing because of the holiday season. However if this is not the case, CloudBees would be more than happy to provide help and support with keeping the plugin up to date and secure. We would like to request co-maintainership for the plugin, unless there are active plans to make a new release of the plugin.
CloudBees see the S3 Plugin as being a critical plugin for Jenkins users that want to run their builds on AWS.

Best regards.

Oliver Gondža

Jan 14, 2020, 7:08:35 AM1/14/20
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, Scott Hebert, Jimilian
Hey, this is third such message for this plugin in less than a year (if
I have not missed some), so I 100% support introducing more people to
maintain S3 plugin.

--
oliver

Aleksander Akbashev

Jan 14, 2020, 1:55:35 PM1/14/20
to Oliver Gondža, jenkin...@googlegroups.com, Scott Hebert, fabrizio Manfredi
Hi

> that the plugin hasn’t been released for more than a year and half

I changed the job somewhere at this point :/
And since that moment I don't have reliable/complicated enough infra to test changes and it's more tricky to work on this plugin from legal point of view.

> We would like to request co-maintainership for the plugin

Please, take full maintenership! :) I cc-ed Fabrizio Manfredi, who also wanted to maintain it at some point.

Br, Alex

--
Sincerely,
Akbashev Alexander

Fabrizio Manfredi

Jan 14, 2020, 4:59:19 PM1/14/20
to Aleksander Akbashev, Oliver Gondža, jenkin...@googlegroups.com, Scott Hebert
Hi Olivier,

I would be glad to be the maintainer of the S3 plugin, can you add me to the list ?

thanks
FM

Oleg Nenashev

Jan 14, 2020, 6:44:33 PM1/14/20
to Jenkins Developers
Hi all, thanks to everyone for the interest in taking over this plugin! With 8k of users it is a very important part of the Jenkins ecosystem, and it would be great to have multiple maintainers there. And thanks to Alexander for the approval.

Whomever is interested in taking ownership, please provide your GitHub and Jiar IDs. It will be required to do the permission transfer.
If somebody wants to become a default assignee in Jira, please also reply to this thread.

Best regards,
Oleg

Marky Jackson

Jan 14, 2020, 7:16:17 PM1/14/20
to JenkinsCI Developers
Please add me

Github: markyjackson-taulia
Default jira assignee: jequals5
Artifactory: jequals5

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/7751d781-bbe5-4934-ab87-5f6bb78fc3cc%40googlegroups.com.

Evaristo Gutierrez

Jan 15, 2020, 5:14:13 AM1/15/20
to Jenkins Developers
Thanks Oleg and everyone!

Github: varyvol
JIRA: egutierrez

Francisco Javier Fernandez

Jan 15, 2020, 5:15:37 AM1/15/20
to Jenkins Developers
I'm interested as well

Github: fcojfernandez
JIRA: fcojfernandez

Baptiste Mathus

Jan 16, 2020, 11:34:24 AM1/16/20
to Jenkins Developers
To circle back, here's the permission PR, thanks Evaristo for filing it!