Maintainer request for the Gatling plugin

Cédric Cousseran

Jan 11, 2017, 5:25:24 AM1/11/17
to Jenkins Developers
Hi,

I want to be a maintainer of the Gatling Plugin: https://github.com/jenkinsci/gatling-plugin

GitHub ID: ccedric
Jenkins ID: ccousseran

Regards,
Cédric Cousseran

Baptiste Mathus

Jan 12, 2017, 4:28:17 AM1/12/17
to Jenkins Developers
Hello,

Please follow the process, either this plugin is orphaned (which apparently is not), or you want to be added as an additional maintainer, then we need heads-up from an existing maintainer. I guess it's an obvious default, anyway, isn't it?

We can all save time if people provide more context in general for those kinds of requests, thank you!

Cédric Cousseran

Jan 13, 2017, 3:58:51 AM1/13/17
to Jenkins Developers, m...@batmat.net
Hello,

I want to be added as a new maintainer, I've contacted the current one.

Thanks

On Thursday, 12 January 2017 10:28:17 UTC+1, Baptiste Mathus wrote:
Hello,

Please follow the process, either this plugin is orphaned (which apparently is not), or you want to be added as an additional maintainer, then we need heads-up from an existing maintainer. I guess it's an obvious default, anyway, isn't it?

We can all save time if people provide more context in general for those kinds of requests, thank you!

I want to be a maintainer of the Gatling Plugin: https://github.com/jenkinsci/gatling-plugin

GitHub ID: ccedric
Jenkins ID: ccousseran

Regards,
Cédric Cousseran

slan...@gatling.io

Jan 13, 2017, 4:01:17 AM1/13/17
to Jenkins Developers, m...@batmat.net
Hey Baptiste,

Yes, I'd like to have Cédric help me maintaining our Jenkins plugin.

Cheers,

Stéphane

On Thursday, January 12, 2017 at 10:28:17 AM UTC+1, Baptiste Mathus wrote:
Hello,

Please follow the process, either this plugin is orphaned (which apparently is not), or you want to be added as an additional maintainer, then we need heads-up from an existing maintainer. I guess it's an obvious default, anyway, isn't it?

We can all save time if people provide more context in general for those kinds of requests, thank you!

I want to be a maintainer of the Gatling Plugin: https://github.com/jenkinsci/gatling-plugin

GitHub ID: ccedric
Jenkins ID: ccousseran

Regards,
Cédric Cousseran

Baptiste Mathus

Jan 13, 2017, 4:41:43 AM1/13/17
to Jenkins Developers
Note for later/other request of this type: this kind of answer is clearly not what we can accept for obvious reasons... I thought that would be obvious at least.
Providing provable information (like a confirmation on Github on a PR for example from the maintainer) up front is *much much* appreciated, and show a respect for other people's time.
Having to two many roundtrips here for this is probably not enjoyable for anyone.

The answer from Stéphane below is.

Thanks

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/d73e1ad0-3203-421c-a05f-1b91ed2ae8b7%40googlegroups.com.

Baptiste Mathus

Jan 13, 2017, 4:46:15 AM1/13/17
to Jenkins Developers
Done for GitHub. Welcome!

If you want to be allowed to release, please file the associated PR against the permissions repository as usual.

Cheers!

Stéphane LANDELLE

Jan 13, 2017, 6:10:12 AM1/13/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
For Cédric's defense, he did it this way because he saw other people doing so on this mailing list.
For future reference, the process to be granted commit rights on a plugin seems to be documented here: https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Adopt+a+Plugin

Stéphane Landelle
GatlingCorp CEO

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CANWgJS54ppDYo_NkweVdHytYamj9NkYZNP00%2Ba%2BydD1Ldq14%3Dw%40mail.gmail.com.

Stéphane LANDELLE

Jan 13, 2017, 6:10:25 AM1/13/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
And thanks Baptiste!

Stéphane Landelle
GatlingCorp CEO

Baptiste Mathus

Jan 13, 2017, 7:42:34 AM1/13/17
to Jenkins Developers
For Cédric's defense, he did it this way because he saw other people doing so on this mailing list.

And did you see us grant permissions blindly :) ? I suspect not... I'd be curious if you find an example of that.
For many of those, we quite unfortunately generally have to spend quite some time asking for various proofs and so on.
And I hope you'll agree that time could be spent on more interesting matters :-).

I won't deny the docs are generally a bit fluffy, but well, again, it seems to me providing some context upfront is expected for any request to be processed efficiently, anywhere.

For future reference, the process to be granted commit rights on a plugin seems to be documented here: https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Adopt+a+Plugin

Yes and no. There are definitely some similarities, sure, but this is case is not an adoption IIUC?

Daniel Beck

Jan 13, 2017, 8:01:05 AM1/13/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com

> On 13.01.2017, at 13:42, Baptiste Mathus <m...@batmat.net> wrote:
>
> Yes and no. There are definitely some similarities, sure, but this is case is not an adoption IIUC?

We should update https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Pull+Request+to+Repositories -- This unfortunately named wiki page is linked by the bot addressing how to proceed if there's no response.

Cédric Cousseran

Jan 13, 2017, 8:19:29 AM1/13/17
to Jenkins Developers, m...@batmat.net