Jenkinc-ci account recovery

long song

Sep 30, 2020, 7:30:42 PM9/30/20
to Jenkins Developers
Hi there,

I have been the maintainer of the Jenkins neuvector vulnerability scanner Plugin for a while. I was just trying to do a release when I faced the biggest problem some of us sometimes face: I forgot my password for the accounts.jenkins.io

The account was created by a former employee and he can't remember what was the signup email address. Now it seems that the reset password email went to an unknown email.

Question is: how can I recover that?

Thanks in advance !

Cheers,
Long

Mark Waite

Sep 30, 2020, 7:39:04 PM9/30/20
to jenkinsci-dev
You did not mention the userid of your account on jenkins.io.  I made the assumption of `songlongcn` based on the entry in the pom file, but there is no such user.  I did find a user with a similar user name (but not the same) with a yahoo.com email address.  Do you have access to that email account?

long song

Sep 30, 2020, 8:17:35 PM9/30/20
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
hi Mark,

The account is neuvector.

Thanks!
Long

Mark Waite

Sep 30, 2020, 8:51:48 PM9/30/20
to jenkinsci-dev
That account is associated with a hotmail account for X Sun.  I don't think that I'm allowed to reset the password or change control of that account to a different person without some evidence from the other person that they are willing to surrender that account.  Can you work with the person that controls that hotmail account and have them assist you with the password reset process?

long song

Sep 30, 2020, 10:33:22 PM9/30/20
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
hi Mark,

X Sun left last year and does not contribute to https://github.com/jenkinsci/neuvector-vulnerability-scanner-plugin anymore.

I contacted him but he can't remember the email address and the credentials.

I am currently the maintainer of neuvector-vulnerability-scanner-plugin.

My identity can be verified at Github https://github.com/jenkinsci/neuvector-vulnerability-scanner-plugin in the contributor list.

Would you help to reset the email address ?

Thanks!
Long

Olblak

Oct 1, 2020, 2:32:50 AM10/1/20
to Jenkins Developers ML
Hi Long,

Your request seems legit to me so I updated your email address, can I ask you to reset your password on https://beta.accounts.jenkins.io

Cheers

long song

Oct 1, 2020, 3:53:24 PM10/1/20
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
The account is recovered and the password gets reset.

Thanks very much!

long song

Dec 11, 2020, 4:27:14 AM12/11/20
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

My login account is neuvector. The login password isn't working when I change the recovery email address from songl...@gmail.com to maint...@neuvector.com

My new recovery email address doesn't receive any reset password email from jenkins when I tried to reset it at https://accounts.jenkins.io/passwordReset.

How can I recover it ?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Long

Gavin Mogan

Dec 11, 2020, 11:52:05 AM12/11/20
to Jenkins Developers

long song

Dec 11, 2020, 12:38:52 PM12/11/20
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
hi Gavin,

I tried https://beta.accounts.jenkins.io , but don't receive the password recovery email.

Thanks,
Long

long song

Dec 11, 2020, 2:26:49 PM12/11/20
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
hi Gavin,

I think there may be some restrictions on the recovery email address.

Would you help to change the recovery email back to songl...@gmail.com ?

Thanks,
Long

long song

Dec 14, 2020, 1:38:26 AM12/14/20
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
hi,

I am the maintainer of the Jenkins Plugin: https://github.com/jenkinsci/neuvector-vulnerability-scanner-plugin

I need to release a new version of Jenkins plugin, but I can't login https://beta.accounts.jenkins.io with the userid "neuvector"

Can someone help to change the recovery email to songl...@gmail.com for "neuvector" userid ?

My github account is https://github.com/songlongcn

Thanks!

Best regards,
Long

Olblak

Dec 14, 2020, 5:09:27 AM12/14/20
to Jenkins Developers ML
Hi,

I just reverted your email address to the gmail.com one.
If you try to reset your password from https://beta.accounts.jenkins.io
An email should be sent to your Gmail email address.

Regarding your neuvector.com email, I had a look at our Sendgrid account, and it appears that the emails send to maint...@neuvector.com were dropped because that email was on a bounced list, I just remove it from the list.

Cheers

long song

Dec 14, 2020, 8:39:43 PM12/14/20
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com