Git Bisect Plugin

Dor Avraham

Dec 2, 2017, 4:59:45 PM12/2/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

A while ago Iv'e implemented a plugin that allows you to run git-bisect inside jenkins. I started it as a project for my company and figured that other people could use it too; but it appears that my use-case was not everyones use-case, and... that writing plugins is not my area of expertise (and neither is Java).

Right now I think that the plugin is usable, but not optimal. It's missing features such as the 'skip' option, and it feels cluttered...
Therefore, I'd appreciate any help with both code reviews and usability reviews.

If you are interested in helping, please contact me.
Dor.

Kohsuke Kawaguchi

Dec 6, 2017, 2:28:07 PM12/6/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, Dor Avraham
I think this is a really cool idea that has a great potential. The wiki page has a nice description of how to configure it, but I'm curious how Jenkins will behave when bisect happens --- I assume it schedules additional follow-up builds that run bisected commits?

Regardless, looking forward to seeing this effort mature!

Kohsuke Kawaguchi