LF telemetry data policy

Kohsuke Kawaguchi

Oct 24, 2019, 12:00:08 AM10/24/19
to JenkinsCI Developers
The Linux Foundation recently adopted a telemetry data policy, which I was told as a reaction to recent data privacy advancements in Europe, and this applies to the usage stats collection that the Jenkins project does.

We talked about this in the CDF TOC, and we agreed that as the first step we need to get the legal review process as outlined in this policy going as soon as possible.

So I'm going to write to the LF legal team. The idea is to explain what we've been doing, and see if they identify some additional work we need to take on to bring us to conformance to the policy.

I'm going to include people like Oleg and Olivier into the conversation as they have intimate knowledge of how this thing works, but if there are other folks who are willing to contribute to this conversation and possible follow up work, let me know, so that I can include you.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi

Oleg Nenashev

Oct 24, 2019, 6:56:31 AM10/24/19
to Jenkins Developers
Thanks for the heads-up! Please also make sure to include Daniel into the loop (Uplink, security matters)

FTR some links for those ones who are interested how the telemetry works in Jenkins: