Jenkins 2.0 Pipeline as Code demo site

Kohsuke Kawaguchi

Feb 25, 2016, 10:51:53 PM2/25/16
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
In preparation of the 2.0 preview launch, I'm putting together a demo site to show off PaC capability, with help from Daniel & Tyler.

The goal is to have more content to help the "passive user" audience better understand what we are putting into 2.0.

What I have so far is on http://demo.jenkins-ci.org/ and this comes from https://github.com/jenkins-demo.  It models a fictional company who develops microservice webapps.

So far what I achieved:
  • Set up two microservice components that follow a common delivery process
  • Release engineers get to define what that common process is
What I'd like to get to, but I haven't
  • Source code updates from time to time. I have an idea of how to do this
  • To actually define delivery pipeline, not just build
I've used stock 2.0-alpha-2 except one change in one of the plugins. Using PaC from scratch like this has been a good eye-opener, and I took a note of a lot of polish we can do, which I'll post later.

If someone else wants to pitch in for improving a demo site, you'd be most welcome. I plan to continue this work tomorrow some more.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi