Secrets in cloudbees builds of plugins

Gavin Mogan

Nov 17, 2015, 1:57:16 PM11/17/15
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
I love having my plugins built constantly through cloudbees.

Is there a way to do post build tasks (like run codecov) and/or provide secret tokens (for coveralls)

Gavin

Richard Bywater

Nov 17, 2015, 3:17:17 PM11/17/15
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
When you say "constantly through cloudbees" are you referring to the CloudBees products specifically or to Jenkins in general? If the former, then you need to talk with CloudBees through their support channels as this mailing list deals with development of the OSS version Jenkins which acts as a base for their products.

If you did mean the latter, then the jenkinsci-user list is a better fit as that list is for usage of Jenkins queries.

Richard.

Jesse Glick

Nov 17, 2015, 3:42:29 PM11/17/15
to Jenkins Dev

I presume you mean: https://jenkins.ci.cloudbees.com/job/plugins/ ?

> Is there a way to do post build tasks (like run codecov)

Well you include that in your POM. There is no way currently to
request a particular Jenkins publisher to display the result.

> provide secret tokens (for coveralls)

Sorry, not currently. Would take some thought to see how to secure
that properly.

Gavin

Nov 18, 2015, 1:21:39 PM11/18/15
to Jenkins Developers
Yea thats what I meant sorry.

Thanks for the info, I'll see what I can figure out on my side.

Gavin

Radek Antoniuk

Dec 20, 2017, 6:36:37 PM12/20/17
to Jenkins Developers
Resurrecting an old thread, Jesse, did anything change?
On the current infra, is there any way to provide securely the token for coveralls?

Travis has done it in the neat way:

So this can be easily doable with docker:
docker run --rm -v $PWD:/repo -v ~/.travis:/travis andredumas/travis-ci-cli encrypt VAR=value

Cheers,
Radek

Jesse Glick

Dec 21, 2017, 10:38:14 AM12/21/17
to Jenkins Dev
On Wed, Dec 20, 2017 at 6:36 PM, Radek Antoniuk
<radek.a...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Resurrecting an old thread, Jesse, did anything change?
> On the current infra, is there any way to provide securely the token for
> coveralls?

On ci.jenkins.io? No; only site administrators are given the ability
to define credentials, pending JENKINS-27398.