Jenkins Users, Jenkins Issues banned from Google Groups?

Ioannis Moutsatsos

Apr 10, 2017, 10:04:15 AM4/10/17
to Jenkins Developers
Trying to reach either of these two groups generates warning messages and an empty list of messages. Is anyone looking into this?

Best regards
Ioannis

Richard Bywater

Apr 10, 2017, 2:38:53 PM4/10/17
to Jenkins Developers

Seems to be not doing that for me which is odd. There has been, however, quite a large amount of spam coming through however so might be related.

Richard.

R. Tyler Croy

Apr 10, 2017, 4:30:44 PM4/10/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
(replies inline)

On Mon, 10 Apr 2017, Richard Bywater wrote:

> Seems to be not doing that for me which is odd. There has been, however,
> quite a large amount of spam coming through however so might be related.

Not much we can do, here's what's happening:

* Google's allowing spam through
* Google notices that the group has a lot of spam in it, so they flag the
group

=_=

- R. Tyler Croy

Code: <https://github.com/rtyler>
Chatter: <https://twitter.com/agentdero>
xmpp: rty...@jabber.org

% gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key 1426C7DC3F51E16F
signature.asc

Arnaud Héritier

Apr 10, 2017, 4:34:47 PM4/10/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
The only solution is to moderate the list and avoid spams (if not too late)
Perhaps an admin can delete spam messages in the group ...

-----
Arnaud Héritier
Mail/GTalk: aheritier AT gmail DOT com
Twitter/Skype : aheritier

R. Tyler Croy

Apr 10, 2017, 6:51:59 PM4/10/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
(replies inline)

On Mon, 10 Apr 2017, Arnaud H?ritier wrote:

> The only solution is to moderate the list and avoid spams (if not too late)
> Perhaps an admin can delete spam messages in the group ...

I do this every single morning. Over the weekend I didn't, and I guess we got
unlukcy.

There are three other moderators who have been coasting while I do all the
dirty work though... :)

Arnaud, if you wish to join the spam brigade, that can be arranged :)
signature.asc

Mark Waite

Apr 10, 2017, 7:10:57 PM4/10/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Is there any way to specifically block Italian language posts?  The most recent spam that I've seen has been Italian (and some uncomfortably harsh Italian, at that).

Mark Waite

Arnaud Héritier

Apr 11, 2017, 3:43:14 AM4/11/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Thus if you are already deleting them manually after they are submitted it means that we need to activate the moderation on the list to be sure that they never arrive ?

Carlos Sanchez

Apr 11, 2017, 3:47:36 AM4/11/17
to Jenkins Developers
There is an option to moderate the first post from users

Ioannis Moutsatsos

Apr 11, 2017, 6:22:47 AM4/11/17
to Jenkins Developers
Thanks for your efforts Tyler and the useful tips on this issue everyone. The Jenkins Users group seems to be back on line this morning (4/11) but not the Jenkins Issues. It would be useful to identify what further needs to be done and enlist the help of the community to do it.

Best regards
Ioannis

Daniel Beck

Apr 11, 2017, 6:32:47 AM4/11/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com

> On 11.04.2017, at 12:22, Ioannis Moutsatsos <imout...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> but not the Jenkins Issues

It's a read-only list. You're not supposed to post to it.

Ioannis Moutsatsos

Apr 12, 2017, 6:22:09 AM4/12/17
to Jenkins Developers, m...@beckweb.net
That's odd given that someone apparently is posting spam that offends Google!
Nonetheless, I should be able to at least view the postings.

Pieter-Jan Busschaert

Apr 12, 2017, 12:03:29 PM4/12/17
to Jenkins Developers

On Tuesday, 11 April 2017 12:22:47 UTC+2, Ioannis Moutsatsos wrote:
Thanks for your efforts Tyler and the useful tips on this issue everyone. The Jenkins Users group seems to be back on line this morning (4/11) but not the Jenkins Issues. It would be useful to identify what further needs to be done and enlist the help of the community to do it.

FYI, I still got the the Jenkins Users group warning a few minutes ago. After continuing to the group, I got the message "no topics are available in this group".

R. Tyler Croy

Apr 12, 2017, 12:51:28 PM4/12/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
(replies inline)
https://twitter.com/jenkinsci/status/852187123171991552

I'm trying to figure out what the hell is going on with Google :(
signature.asc

Richard Bywater

Apr 14, 2017, 8:57:19 PM4/14/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hi List Admins

If this is indeed an option, can we turn it on?

Yes it will slow down the first contact from someone but will also stop the large amounts of spam getting to the list.

Richard.

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 12:51 AM, R. Tyler Croy <ty...@monkeypox.org> wrote:
(replies inline)

On Mon, 10 Apr 2017, Arnaud H?ritier wrote:

> The only solution is to moderate the list and avoid spams (if not too late)
> Perhaps an admin can delete spam messages in the group ...

I do this every single morning. Over the weekend I didn't, and I guess we got
unlukcy.

There are three other moderators who have been coasting while I do all the
dirty work though... :)

Arnaud, if you wish to join the spam brigade, that can be arranged :)

- R. Tyler Croy

     Code: <https://github.com/rtyler>
  Chatter: <https://twitter.com/agentdero>
     xmpp: rty...@jabber.org

  % gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key 1426C7DC3F51E16F
Arnaud Héritier
Mail/GTalk: aheritier AT gmail DOT com
Twitter/Skype : aheritier

Message has been deleted

Urivan Flores

Apr 15, 2017, 6:29:52 PM4/15/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
This is not a political discussion list. Go and find the audience for your messages, I'm sure there is someone looking to receive them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spamming

On Sat, Apr 15, 2017 at 3:12 PM, LORENZO PIACENTINI CAIA EX DEUTSCHE BANK <oscel...@gmx.com> wrote:
WHAT YOU FUCKING CALL SPAM, ARE MESSAGES SAVING LIFE, SAVING DEMOCRACY, SAVING FREEDOM. YOU FUCKING BASTARD FREEMASONS, HAVE YOUR BIG STOLEN SALARY EVERY MONTH. YOU GO WITH STINKY BITCHES EVERY DAY. YOU MAKE PERVERT BUNGA BUNGA EVERY WEEK END. YOU GET BRIBED, DRUNK AND VERY SNIFFED OF COCAINE, EVERY HOUR. AND SO, YOU CD NOT CARE ANY LESS BOUT OTHER PEOPLE WITH IMPOSSIBLE LIFE. YOU ARE IN THE SYSTEM AND MAKE THE FUCKING BASTARD PIG INSIDE THE SYSTEM. BUT OTHER PEOPLE IS OUT OF THE SYSTEM AND DIE OUT OF THE SYSTEM. WE TRY TO SAVE THIS PEOPLE LIFE AND BY CALLING OUR MESSAGES WANTING TO SAVE EXISTENCES, SPAM, YOU SHOW THAT YOU ARE JUST FUCKING BASTARD FREEMASONS, HAVING YOUR BIG STOLEN SALARY EVERY MONTH, GOING WITH STINKY BITCHES EVERY DAY, MAKING PERVERT BUNGA BUNGA EVERY WEEK END, GETTING BRIBED, DRUNK AND VERY SNIFFED OF COCAINE EVERY HOUR! FUCK YOU, BASTARD FREEMASONAZIFASCIST!
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/9283064d-a684-4637-a042-32a8195002c9%40googlegroups.com.

ANTONIO BINNI GRAN LOGGIA D'ITALIA

Apr 15, 2017, 7:24:41 PM4/15/17
to Jenkins Developers, usa...@gmail.com
THESE ARE ALLA BASTARD BULLSHIT YOU TAKE OUT TO IMPOSE US NAZIST SILENCE CODE. BUT YOU WON'T STOP US AT ALL. MANY TIMES IN HISTORY, DAVID WON GOLIATH. WE ARE THE NEW UNSTOPPABLE, WINNING, MAKING HISTORY, DAVIDS! WAIT AND SEE, BASTARD KILLER OF DEMOCRACY AND FREEDOM!