Meet jenkins.io

R. Tyler Croy

Mar 24, 2016, 2:02:22 AM3/24/16
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com, jenkin...@googlegroups.com, in...@lists.jenkins-ci.org
I finished up the final work for migration from https://jenkins-ci.org to
https://jenkins.io today. The final step of the switchover was to redirect
non-mapped URLs from jenkins-ci.org over to jenkins.io.

This project has been a tremendous amount of work with Gus Reiber, Baptiste
Mathaus, James Dumay, Daniel Beck, Oleg Nenashev and a number of other
contributors filling in the new website with CSS, Haml, and most importantly
AsciiDoc (for documentation!)

Some of the features of jenkins.io that are important to me, I'd like to share:

* Visual priority given to the LTS release line (yay)
* Built-in support for three layers of documentation: solution pages, getting
started guides and the "handbook".
* Visual elements to highlight upcoming events
* Certificates automated via letsencrypt.org (this is my favorite ;))

The site is statically generated and contributions are welcome here:
<https://github.com/jenkins-infra/jenkins.io>

As I mentioned in our last project meeting, migration of other properties such
as wiki.jenkins-ci.org to the jenkins.io domain will take a bit more time. This
is an important first step however!

Cheers
- R. Tyler Croy

Code: <https://github.com/rtyler>
Chatter: <https://twitter.com/agentdero>

% gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key 3F51E16F
signature.asc

domi

Mar 24, 2016, 2:23:57 AM3/24/16
to Jenkins Developers, jenkins...@googlegroups.com, in...@lists.jenkins-ci.org
Really nice work!!!
/Domi

Baptiste Mathus

Mar 24, 2016, 5:01:56 AM3/24/16
to Jenkins Developers, jenkins...@googlegroups.com, Jenkins INFRA group
+1, congrats to everyone involved, and especially thanks to you Tyler. Really nice website.

Krishna Gundala

Mar 24, 2016, 6:38:16 AM3/24/16
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, jenkins...@googlegroups.com, Jenkins INFRA group
Excellent Work.. Kudos folks...
You rock Tyler..
Very Nice Website..

Manuel Jesús Recena Soto

Mar 24, 2016, 8:58:35 AM3/24/16
to Jenkins Developers, jenkins...@googlegroups.com, Jenkins INFRA group
CONGRATULATIONS!

Manuel Recena Soto
* manuelrecena.com [/blog]
* linkedin.com/in/recena

Tom Fennelly

Mar 24, 2016, 9:30:05 AM3/24/16
to Jenkins Developers, jenkins...@googlegroups.com, in...@lists.jenkins-ci.org
Really nice. Thanks guys!!

Alyssa Tong

Mar 24, 2016, 11:05:39 AM3/24/16
to Jenkins Dev, jenkinsci-users, in...@lists.jenkins-ci.org
Well done! Congrats to all involved! jenkins.io looks AWESOME!! 🤗🤗

Thomas Fürer

Mar 24, 2016, 2:16:54 PM3/24/16
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com

Henrique de Miranda Gontijo

Mar 25, 2016, 7:53:07 PM3/25/16
to Jenkins Users, jenkin...@googlegroups.com, in...@lists.jenkins-ci.org
Great job, very well done!

Oleg Nenashev

Mar 28, 2016, 9:17:30 AM3/28/16
to Jenkins Developers, jenkins...@googlegroups.com, in...@lists.jenkins-ci.org
Re: Congrats to everybody an thanks for your feedback.

Please note that now everybody can easily contribute to the website contents. So please feel free to go forward if you see a mistake, want to publish a blogpost or want to contribute some content to solution pages and documentation.

See the CONTRIBUTING page for more info.

Best regards,
Oleg