2.426 as Nov 15, 2023 LTS baseline?

Mark Waite

Oct 4, 2023, 12:14:53 AM10/4/23
to Jenkins Developers
Wednesday, 4 Oct 2023 is listed as the day when we select the baseline for the long term support release that will be delivered November 15, 2023.

I propose Jenkins 2.426 as the next LTS baseline.  It removes Prototype.js from Jenkins core and adds the Java 11 end of life administrative monitor to warn users that Jenkins will no longer support Java 11 after September 30, 2024.

I've updated my development environment to run Jenkins 2.426 with JDK 21.  I've found no issues in the testing that I've performed.

Mark Waite

Alexander Brandes

Oct 4, 2023, 4:10:45 AM10/4/23
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
+1 from me

Basil Crow

Oct 4, 2023, 11:28:38 AM10/4/23
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
+1

We'll likely need to backport the fix for JENKINS-71937.

Ullrich Hafner

Oct 4, 2023, 1:52:10 PM10/4/23
to JenkinsCI Developers
+1

> Am 04.10.2023 um 17:27 schrieb Basil Crow <m...@basilcrow.com>:
>
> +1
>
> We'll likely need to backport the fix for JENKINS-71937.

Mark Waite

Oct 4, 2023, 2:49:48 PM10/4/23
to Jenkins Developers
On Wednesday, October 4, 2023 at 9:28:38 AM UTC-6 Basil wrote:
+1

We'll likely need to backport the fix for JENKINS-71937.

I think that we'll also need  to backport the fix for JENKINS-72026 , though a fix pull request has not been submitted yet.

Basil Crow

Oct 4, 2023, 3:17:11 PM10/4/23
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Oct 4, 2023 at 11:49 AM Mark Waite <mark.ea...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think that we'll also need to backport the fix for JENKINS-72026, though a fix pull request has not been submitted yet.

AFAICT the fix for JENKINS-72026 is to add jenkins-table__link to the
class list of the anchor tags in
https://github.com/jenkinsci/branch-api-plugin/blob/fe580db4ea71e6a2ce440d8d79d55d8c1c6a4b93/src/main/resources/jenkins/branch/ItemColumn/column.jelly
which would not require a core PR or backport.

Jan Meiswinkel

Oct 6, 2023, 3:56:14 AM10/6/23
to Jenkins Developers
I would appreciate if PR-7056 would make it into the next LTS, if that is possible without any downsides.

Daniel Beck

Oct 6, 2023, 4:02:46 AM10/6/23
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Oct 6, 2023 at 9:56 AM Jan Meiswinkel <mei...@schaeffler.com> wrote:
I would appreciate if PR-7056 would make it into the next LTS, if that is possible without any downsides.

Too much of an API addition IMO. If a decision is made to backport, should be @Restricted to reduce this to basically some additional log messages.

Mark Waite

Oct 13, 2023, 6:23:52 PM10/13/23
to Jenkins Developers
Tim Jacomb, can you confirm that 2.426 is approved as the next LTS baseline?

Thanks,
Mark Waite

Tim Jacomb

Oct 14, 2023, 5:03:52 AM10/14/23
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Confirmed

Basil Crow

Oct 18, 2023, 3:36:08 PM10/18/23
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Oct 6, 2023 at 12:56 AM Jan Meiswinkel <mei...@schaeffler.com> wrote:

> I would appreciate if PR-7056 would make it into the next LTS, if that is possible without any downsides.

One downside is that jenkinsci/jenkins#7056 causes JENKINS-72181.