Request the access permission of repo jenkins.io

Rick

May 12, 2019, 12:48:00 AM5/12/19
to Developers Jenkins
Hi team,

I would like to request the access permission of repo jenkins.io.
I'm the leader of Chinese Localization SIG. I believe it will be helpful to review and merge PRs which is related to the Chinese Localization SIG faster.

Best regards,
Zhao Xiaojie (Rick)

R. Tyler Croy

May 13, 2019, 9:35:10 AM5/13/19
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
(replies inline)

On Sun, 12 May 2019, Rick wrote:

> Hi team,
>
> I would like to request the access permission of repo [1]jenkins.io.
> I'm the leader of [2]Chinese Localization SIG. I believe it will be helpful to
> review and merge PRs which is related to the Chinese Localization SIG faster.

I have added you to the copy-editors group to make this ismpler to manage.

I trust that you will focus your merges in the appropriate area of
responsibility.

--
GitHub: https://github.com/rtyler

GPG Key ID: 0F2298A980EE31ACCA0A7825E5C92681BEF6CEA2

Rick

May 13, 2019, 8:30:54 PM5/13/19
to Developers Jenkins
Hi Tyler,

Thanks for the trust which from the community. I'm totally the Code of Conduct and responsibility.

Regards,
Zhao Xiaojie (Rick)

Rick

May 14, 2019, 10:28:00 PM5/14/19
to Developers Jenkins
I can see I'm a member of copy-editors. But I still cannot merge any PRs of jenkins-infra/jenkins.io

Olblak

May 15, 2019, 4:13:59 AM5/15/19
to 'Gavin Mogan' via Jenkins Developers
Because *someone* explicitly created a branch protection rule on master that restrict push.
And copy-editors is the only team that have write permission on this repo but not allowed because of branch protection

Instead we should use a CODEOWNER file with a branch protection based on reviews from codeowner.

---
-> gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key 52210D3D
---

On Wed, May 15, 2019, at 10:11 AM, Vernin Olivier wrote:
Because *someone* explicitly created a branch protection rule on master that restrict push.
And copy-editors is the only team that have write permission on this repo but not allowed because of branch protection

Instead we should use a CODEOWNER file with a branch protection based on reviews from codeowner.

Olivier

---
gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-key 52210D3D
---

R. Tyler Croy

May 15, 2019, 12:34:18 PM5/15/19
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
(replies inline)

On Wed, 15 May 2019, Rick wrote:

> I can see I'm a member of copy-editors. But I still cannot merge any PRs of
> jenkins-infra/[1]jenkins.io

As Olivier mentioned, copy-editors do have write permissions to this repo, but
the branch protection was preventing that group from merging. I believe that
was a mistake on my part from some long time ago.

I've allowed copy-editors to write to the master branch.

Rick

May 15, 2019, 7:22:49 PM5/15/19
to Developers Jenkins
It's working now. Thanks.