Adopt oic-auth-plugin

Rick

Aug 24, 2019, 9:06:32 PM8/24/19
to Developers Jenkins
Hi team,

I'd like to adopt oic-auth-plugin. This plugin looks like lack of maintaining since Feb.

I already started a thread here to waiting for the author's response.

Marky Jackson

Aug 24, 2019, 9:08:53 PM8/24/19
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
+1 from me

Gavin Mogan

Aug 24, 2019, 9:36:07 PM8/24/19
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, m.bis...@controplex.com
As far as I know, you need to make a best attempt to contact the current maintainer before the timeout happens.

So I'm adding m.bis...@controplex.com as thats what is listed in the pom file.  (Which i suspect will bounce because https://github.com/mjmbischoff/nexus-blobstore-swift/issues/2#issuecomment-507164722 says they just switched jobs)

@Rick can you also make a github issue on oic-auth-plugin asking for maintainership and tagging @mjmbischoff in a comment?

Gavin

Rick

Aug 24, 2019, 9:44:01 PM8/24/19
to Developers Jenkins, m.bis...@controplex.com
Hi Gavin,

Thanks for your suggestion. The issue was created now.

Rick

Aug 26, 2019, 7:58:15 PM8/26/19
to Michael Bischoff, Developers Jenkins, Michael Bischoff
Hi Michael,

It's totally reasonable. I'm the maintainer of serval plugins. Sometimes, I just don't have enough time out maintain them like you.

Best,

On Mon, Aug 26, 2019 at 10:09 PM Michael Bischoff <Michael....@controplex.nl> wrote:
Hello Rick,

Yeah it would be good to have at least another maintainer for the plugin. I actually take some days off a couple of times a year to run trough things and actually solve and close issues.
I've been a bit skittish with regards to replying to issues being opened as I haven't found any time to sit down and resolve things.

Perhaps we should talk direction and expectations at some point?

Best regards,

Michael

Rick

Aug 28, 2019, 9:01:19 PM8/28/19
to Michael Bischoff, Developers Jenkins, Michael Bischoff
Hi Michael,

Would mind me to be another maintainer?

Best,

Rick

Sep 1, 2019, 10:46:49 PM9/1/19
to Michael Bischoff, Developers Jenkins, Michael Bischoff
Hi team,

There's two important PR that is needed to release. Anyone could help out of this? Thanks.

https://github.com/jenkinsci/oic-auth-plugin/pull/64 Add an exception for CSRF escapeHatch

Rick

Sep 22, 2019, 9:27:49 PM9/22/19
to Michael Bischoff, Developers Jenkins, Michael Bischoff
Hi Michael,

If you're agreeing with that I as another maintainer of this plugin. Please let us know this. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rick

Oleg Nenashev

Sep 26, 2019, 2:13:32 AM9/26/19
to Jenkins Developers
Hi Rick,

Were you able to get another response from Michael and arrange the call? We cannot proceed with ownership transfer ATM, because there is a response from the current maintainer which sets a next step - sync-up with the current maintainer

Rick

Sep 26, 2019, 2:28:57 AM9/26/19
to Developers Jenkins, Oleg Nenashev, Michael Bischoff
Hi team,

Thanks for the response from Michael. But I have no idea why I cannot see the reply from google group.

Best regards,
Rick

Oct 3, 2019, 4:49:12 AM10/3/19
to Jenkins Developers
Hi,

Sorry for forgetting about this action item.
Permission transfer is done. Please let me know if you want to become a default assignee (it is removed now).

Best regards,
Oleg Nenashev
Michael

So I'm adding m.bi...@controplex.com as thats what is listed in the pom file.  (Which i suspect will bounce because https://github.com/mjmbischoff/nexus-blobstore-swift/issues/2#issuecomment-507164722 says they just switched jobs)

@Rick can you also make a github issue on oic-auth-plugin asking for maintainership and tagging @mjmbischoff in a comment?

Gavin
On Sat, Aug 24, 2019 at 6:08 PM Marky Jackson <marky....@gmail.com> wrote:
+1 from me

On Aug 24, 2019, at 6:06 PM, Rick <linux...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi team,

I'd like to adopt oic-auth-plugin. This plugin looks like lack of maintaining since Feb.

I already started a thread here to waiting for the author's response.

Rick

Oct 3, 2019, 5:20:14 AM10/3/19
to Developers Jenkins
I can be the default assigner. At least people can get a response as soon as possible.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/d9f3af03-7ef7-49e4-a552-3e0284e9af00%40googlegroups.com.