s3-plugin

Adrien Lecharpentier

Dec 17, 2015, 7:44:45 AM12/17/15
to Jenkins Developers
Hello,

I can see that in this s3 plugin, there is a lot of open PR. Maybe Michael Watt might be overloaded on the subject. I'd like to offer my help to sort the PR, merge and release the plugin.

For example, it is not possible for the moment to use it with copyartifact more recent that 1.36. This makes the plugin unusable (JENKINS-32058 and JENKINS-29582).

Also, it might need to refactoring to port the plugin to the latest Jenkins version API (JENKINS-29533).

What do you think?
-- Adrien

Baptiste Mathus

Dec 17, 2015, 10:35:46 AM12/17/15
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Adrien,

Thanks for the proposal: the process is to ping the current maintainer(s) to get what they think.
It's indeed up to each maintainer to provide approval (or consider the plugin unmaintained when no answer for some time).

Not sure what should be done for plugins with PR, but w/o someone wanting to become maintainer in the general case.

Do you want to become maintainer of that plugin if the current ones say they don't want to be anymore?

Cheers

Baptiste <Batmat> MATHUS - http://batmat.net
Sauvez un arbre,
Mangez un castor !

Adrien Lecharpentier

Dec 17, 2015, 11:54:34 AM12/17/15
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Baptiste,

yes if it can help having better plugins.
-- Adrien