Request to be made maintainer of platformlabeler plugin?

Mark Waite

Apr 9, 2018, 9:42:24 AM4/9/18
to jenkinsci-dev, Nicolas De Loof, Robert Collins
I'd like to be the maintainer of the platformlabeler plugin.

I have used the platformlabeler plugin for a long time.  It is no longer in the update center due to an infrastructure change.  I think the easiest way to return it to the update center is to release a new version of the plugin which supports newer Jenkins versions (and drops Hudson support).  A pull request is pending which does that, and I've made a few additional changes to add a Jenkinsfile to the plugin repository.

I've copied the two people listed as current maintainers (Robert Collins and Nicolas De Loof) on this mail message.

I've also submitted a permission repository pull request.

Mark Waite

Robert Collins

Apr 9, 2018, 3:08:43 PM4/9/18
to Mark Waite, jenkinsci-dev, Nicolas De Loof
Fine with me. Thank you for stepping up.

Mark Waite

Apr 11, 2018, 9:32:24 AM4/11/18
to Jenkins Developers
Since Robert has approved, is that enough to grant me permission as a maintainer of the platformlabeler plugin (without waiting two weeks)?

Mark Waite

On Monday, April 9, 2018 at 1:08:43 PM UTC-6, Robert Collins wrote:
Fine with me. Thank you for stepping up.

Baptiste Mathus

Apr 17, 2018, 3:42:29 AM4/17/18
to Jenkins Developers
Done and done. Merged the PR, and :

[09:39] <+     batmat> | jenkins-admin: make markewaite committer on platformlabeler-plugin
[09:39] <@jenkins-adm> | Added markewaite as a GitHub committer for repository platformlabeler-plugin.

Thanks Mark!

Mark Waite

Apr 21, 2018, 9:52:35 PM4/21/18
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Thanks very much.  I've confirmed that I have permission to commit to the repository and to release a version.  I've released 2.0-alpha1 as part of that test.

More tests are pending in a pull request and I'm approaching a beta release.  After the beta release and some further testing, I'll release 2.0 and check that the plugin has reappeared in the update center.

Mark Waite