Trademark sublicense request: Jenkins Health Advisor by CloudBees

Parker Ennis

Sep 13, 2019, 4:21:43 PM9/13/19
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, Ryan Campbell, Buffi Gresh, Tracy Miranda, Oleg Nenashev, Jeremy Hartley

Hi All,

On behalf of CloudBees, I’d like to request permission to use the following name with ‘Jenkins’ in it:
  • Jenkins Health Advisor by CloudBees

This will replace the existing name in use today for the "CloudBees Jenkins Advisor" plugin (previously trademark approved). For those of you that aren't familiar with the plugin, it's a free service that provides proactive, actionable insights into your Jenkins environment and helps improve Jenkins performance and health. We want to make this name change for many reasons but here are a few of the most important ones:

  • The Advisor plugin was formerly a proprietary value add from CloudBees and only available to customers, but it's now available to anyone using Jenkins!
  • We are actively relaunching the Advisor service to further promote its value and drive adoption. Changing the name will help in this effort.
  • As an extension of the first bullet point, having "Jenkins" in the forefront sends the right message and makes it known that it is no longer solely a proprietary plugin, welcoming the community to reap the benefits of Advisor.
I will add this as an agenda item to the September 25th project meeting to get a final decision there. If you have any concerns, objections or would like additional info on what we're doing, please chime in on this thread prior to the meeting so that we can address them.

Have a great weekend,
Parker
--

Parker Ennis

Product Marketing Manager

CloudBees-Logo.png

M: (803) 386-7562
E: ren...@cloudbees.com
Skype: parker.cb
Twitter: @Parker_CB

Oleg Nenashev

Sep 23, 2019, 4:47:13 PM9/23/19
to Jenkins Developers
Needs more feedback ahead of the Governance meeting on Sep 25th. Please vote, everyone!

Personally I abstain in the case of this vote.

Marky Jackson

Sep 23, 2019, 4:56:43 PM9/23/19
to 'Gavin Mogan' via Jenkins Developers, Ryan Campbell, Buffi Gresh, Tracy Miranda, Oleg Nenashev, Jeremy Hartley
I am in favor of this change (+1).
This is plugin is open source (https://github.com/jenkinsci/cloudbees-jenkins-advisor-plugin) and I feel changing the name to Jenkins Health Advisor by CloudBees show value in upstream plugin contribution.

Thank you Parker!

Arnaud Héritier

Sep 24, 2019, 3:19:25 AM9/24/19
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
I will abstain because I'm contributing actively on this project.
I will answer to all questions with pleasure but I sadly cannot join the meeting tomorrow.

Cheers

On Mon, Sep 23, 2019 at 10:47 PM Oleg Nenashev <o.v.ne...@gmail.com> wrote:
Needs more feedback ahead of the Governance meeting on Sep 25th. Please vote, everyone!

Personally I abstain in the case of this vote.

-----
Arnaud Héritier
Mail/GTalk: aheritier AT gmail DOT com
Twitter/Skype : aheritier

Kohsuke Kawaguchi

Sep 24, 2019, 3:51:35 PM9/24/19
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
I think this pretty safely falls into the naming convention we have accepted for a good long while. +1

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi