Fwd: Struggling with "java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: No such DSL method"

yusuf zainee

Feb 18, 2021, 9:40:23 AM2/18/21
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com

Hello,
My name is Yusuf and i work for Redhat. I am trying to create a plugin which can be used as a jenkins pipeline step. I have attached the source code zip.

I have a step declared as 'crdaAnalysis' which i am trying to call via the pipeline script.
Here is the sample script that i am trying
node{
    echo 'hello world'
    echo pwd()
    echo 'blah blah blah'
    dir('../../plugins') {
        echo pwd()
        crdaAnalysis file:'abcdefg', uuid:'yusuf'
    }
}

But i end up with errors like java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: No such DSL method 'crdaAnalysis' found among steps [archive, bat ......] (log attached)

Steps to reproduce:
1. mvn clean install 2. mvn hpi:run
4. Create a new pipeline.
5. Click configure, add the sample script which intends to call the step function crdaAnalysis
6. Build

As i am very new to jenkins, i am not able to find a way to get rid of this error. Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated.
jenkins.log

Jesse Glick

Feb 18, 2021, 12:35:47 PM2/18/21
to Jenkins Dev
Since I am not inclined to download a 178Mb ZIP file, maybe you point readers to a source permalink or something? Or create a minimal self-contained test case.