Jenkins 2.263.2 LTS RC testing started

Tim Jacomb

Dec 18, 2020, 8:50:21 AM12/18/20
to Jenkins Developers
Hello everyone,

Latest LTS RC was made public and it is ready to be tested. Final release is scheduled for 2021-01-13.

Please, report your findings in this thread.

Download the release from https://repo.jenkins-ci.org/snapshots/org/jenkins-ci/main/jenkins-war/2.263.2-SNAPSHOT/jenkins-war-2.263.2-20201218.134406-1.war

Thanks!

Mark Waite

Jan 3, 2021, 1:49:05 PM1/3/21
to jenkinsci-dev
I've been testing the 2.263.2 release candidate for the last two weeks with no issues detected and no surprises.   Testing has used a JDK 8 Docker image that was upgraded from 2.263.1 to 2.263.2-rc with Linux, Windows, FreeBSD, and OpenBSD agents from various sources (Amazon, Google, Oracle cloud, local agents, etc.).

Vibhav Bobade

Jan 8, 2021, 4:07:48 AM1/8/21
to Jenkins Developers
Hi team,

Would an update to winstone also be made in this new LTS release ?
The fix for the CVE https://github.com/eclipse/jetty.project/security/advisories/GHSA-86wm-rrjm-8wh8 is available in 5.13 of winstone.

Regards,
Vibhav Bobade

Daniel Beck

Jan 8, 2021, 4:17:02 AM1/8/21
to Jenkins Developers

> On 8. Jan 2021, at 09:47, Vibhav Bobade <vibhav...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Would an update to winstone also be made in this new LTS release ?
> The fix for the CVE https://github.com/eclipse/jetty.project/security/advisories/GHSA-86wm-rrjm-8wh8 is available in 5.13 of winstone.

Based on my research, the affected feature is opt-in and not used in Jenkins/Winstone. I had to change Winstone to even get close to the affected code.
(If you are aware of ways to exploit this issue in Jenkins, please let us know: https://www.jenkins.io/security/reporting/ )

Given recent repeated trouble with regressions introduced by Jetty upgrades, we decided not to expedite this into LTS as it appears Jenkins is unaffected.

If you value the results of automated dependency scanners over stability, I recommend you use weekly releases of Jenkins, which have included this update for several weeks.