Request to adopt label-linked-jobs-plugin

Rick

Dec 10, 2020, 2:11:03 AM12/10/20
to Developers Jenkins
Hi team,

I'd like to adopt label-linked-jobs-plugin. I'm a maintainer of serval Jenkins plugins.

According to the current maintainer of label-linked-jobs-plugin. He has not worked on this plugin for a few years. And he wishes this plugin goes to an adoption process. See https://github.com/jenkinsci/label-linked-jobs-plugin/pull/8#issuecomment-740323007

Best,

Gavin Mogan

Dec 10, 2020, 2:14:41 AM12/10/20
to Jenkins Developers
In general you don't need community involvement unless the original author has abandoned it and isn't available.

If they want you to co maintain or fully take over they can do so via GitHub and approve a pr in the permissions repo.

Gavin

domi.brice

Dec 12, 2020, 9:09:12 PM12/12/20
to Jenkins Developers
Hello

I'm currently the (only) maintainer of plugin "Label Linked Jobs".
I'm fine with adding Rick as a maintainer - I'll probably remove myself once we make sure everything works fine for him.
After going through this page (https://www.jenkins.io/doc/developer/plugin-governance/managing-permissions/), I'd like to clarify what I need to do.

1.GitHub permissions
In the "Manage access" section of the plugin on github, I can see that there's a team called "label-linked-jobs-plugin Developers" with Role: Admin. On that page there's a button "Invite teams or people".
If I then go to the Members page of the "label-linked-jobs-plugin Developers" team, I see two members: jenkinsadmin (maintainer role) and me (member role). On that page there's only a "Leave team" button.
What am I supposed to do? Add Rick to the label-linked-jobs-plugin Developers team (which I don't seem to be able to do), or add him in the "Manage access" section of the plugin repo?
If I decide to leave the "label-linked-jobs-plugin Developers" team and jenkinsadmin is left as the only member (maintainer) of this team, will Rick still be able to do what he needs?

2.Release Permissions
Rick, can you create a PR to add yourself to https://github.com/jenkins-infra/repository-permissions-updater/blob/master/permissions/plugin-label-linked-jobs.yml please? I understand I'll be able to approve the PR, and that's all I have to do?
Once everything works for you I'll submit a PR to remove me from that same file.

Thank you!

Dominique

Gavin Mogan

Dec 13, 2020, 2:09:37 PM12/13/20
to Jenkins Developers
Just in case, I re-added you to the group to make sure your admin (feels silly at this point though). then added myself to take these screenshots.

domi.brice

Dec 13, 2020, 5:59:55 PM12/13/20
to Jenkins Developers
Thank you Gavin!
Rick, I added you as a Maintainer of the "label-linked-jobs-plugin Developers" github team. Do not forget to create the PR for the Release permissions.

Rick

Dec 13, 2020, 7:21:42 PM12/13/20
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, Jenkins Developers

domi.brice