Backporting for LTS 2.346.3 started

Alexander Brandes

Jul 23, 2022, 5:24:59 AM7/23/22
to Jenkins Developers
Hey everyone,

Backporting for 2.346.3 has started and the RC is scheduled for 2022-07-27.

Candidates: https://issues.jenkins.io/issues/?filter=12146
Fixed: https://issues.jenkins.io/issues/?jql=labels%20%3D%202.346.3-fixed
Rejected: https://issues.jenkins.io/issues/?jql=labels%20%3D%202.346.3-rejected

Kind regards

Alex

Basil Crow

Jul 29, 2022, 6:06:02 PM7/29/22
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Once verified, I think we should consider backporting
https://github.com/jenkinsci/remoting/pull/559 to the stable-4.13.x
branch of Remoting, cutting a release of Remoting 4.13.3, and
including that release in 2.346.3. JENKINS-65873 is a long-standing
issue that many users have complained about, so I think users would
appreciate being provided relief.

Alexander Brandes

Jul 30, 2022, 5:08:08 AM7/30/22
to Jenkins Developers
Sounds reasonable. If the solution causes no unforeseen regressions, I'll backport it. Thanks for adding it to the list.

Alexander Brandes

Aug 3, 2022, 6:05:19 PM8/3/22
to Jenkins Developers
I added the up to date RC URL to the RC announcement thread, which contains the additional remoting backport.

Kevin Martens

Aug 4, 2022, 9:16:48 AM8/4/22
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
I've also made sure to add this backport to the 2.346.3 changelog, and updated the screenshot in the PR.

Kevin Martens
Technical Content Developer
CloudBees, Inc.

E: kmar...@cloudbees.com