Crowd2 1.8 plugin

marathiboy

Sep 16, 2015, 4:10:24 PM9/16/15
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I am using crowd2 plugin, the SSO part is working as well, however, the
server is very slow. Each page take about 30 seconds to load. I can see that
Jenkins is making way too many requests to crowd server.

Is there any setting that I am missing?

I also saw similar issue
http://jenkins-ci.361315.n4.nabble.com/JIRA-JENKINS-16703-Too-many-periodic-requests-to-Crowd-server-td4654843.html

and not sure how it was resolved. The ticket states that as of April 15,
there was new update to plugin but plugin page states that the latest plugin
is 1.8 from Aug 2014

Thanks

Arnaud Héritier

Sep 16, 2015, 5:01:11 PM9/16/15
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

  For https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-16703 there is a pull request with a fix implementing a cache mechanism
  We hope to integrate it correctly in the master branch soon
  There is a patch jar attached to the issue that various people are using in production.

BR

-----
Arnaud Héritier
Mail/GTalk: aheritier AT gmail DOT com
Twitter/Skype : aheritier

marathiboy

Sep 17, 2015, 11:59:24 AM9/17/15
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Thanks BR,

I did install that patch as well as restarted, but didn’t see any noticeable performance difference. Without SSO, response is under 2 sec, with SSO, it is more like 25 sec ☹

I am using Jenkins 1.594, crowd 2.8, plugin 1.8 + patch

We do use ‘Project-based Matrix Authorization Strategy’ not sure that is causing the problem…

Thanks

http://aheritier.net
Mail/GTalk: aheritier AT gmail DOT com
Twitter/Skype : aheritier

________________________________
http://jenkins-ci.361315.n4.nabble.com/Crowd2-1-8-plugin-tp4770598p4770617.html
NAML<http://jenkins-ci.361315.n4.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=macro_viewer&id=instant_html%21nabble%3Aemail.naml&base=nabble.naml.namespaces.BasicNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NabbleNamespace-nabble.view.web.template.NodeNamespace&breadcrumbs=notify_subscribers%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-instant_emails%21nabble%3Aemail.naml-send_instant_email%21nabble%3Aemail.naml>

Kanstantsin Shautsou

Sep 17, 2015, 1:59:22 PM9/17/15
to Jenkins Developers, shailes...@cbp.dhs.gov
Crowd2 plugin code is trash, initial author mapped SSO into remember me. I fully refactored it to work right and it works fine with username/password. I'm waiting @aheritier's help to fix SSO part. His PR with custom caching may be redundant because crowd-client provides built-in ehcache and i will prefer shift any problem to crowd-client authors.
If you want help, then feel free to help trace SSO auth routines in refactored code.

On Thursday, September 17, 2015 at 6:59:24 PM UTC+3, marathiboy wrote:
Thanks BR,

I did install that patch as well as restarted, but didn’t see any noticeable performance difference. Without SSO, response is under 2 sec, with SSO, it is more like 25 sec ☹

I am using Jenkins 1.594, crowd 2.8, plugin 1.8 + patch

We do use ‘Project-based Matrix Authorization Strategy’ not sure that is causing the problem…

Thanks

Arnaud Héritier

Sep 17, 2015, 3:04:36 PM9/17/15
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, shailes...@cbp.dhs.gov
With the patched version you have some additional cache settings. They are deactivated by default for backward compatibility.

Like Kanstantsin said a huge work was started to fix SSO issues and the cache will have to be backported in its current form or using its native ehcache integration if it is possible and allow end users to configure it.

My patched version was developed in few hours when I met the same performance issue with 'recent' Jenkins versions which are providing a more dynamic UI but which in counter part test the user permissions more often. As far as I remember I used the same authorization strategy.

Best regards
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/528d96c7-8519-4b4d-a780-87adb250552e%40googlegroups.com.

marathiboy

Sep 17, 2015, 3:43:26 PM9/17/15
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Thanks,

I did see those additional setting and set the time to max, and did see good improvement ☺

Thanks for update.

Le jeudi 17 septembre 2015, Kanstantsin Shautsou <[hidden email]</user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&node=4770875&i=0>> a écrit :
[...]

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/528d96c7-8519-4b4d-a780-87adb250552e%40googlegroups.com<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/528d96c7-8519-4b4d-a780-87adb250552e%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

-----
Arnaud Héritier
http://aheritier.net
Mail/GTalk: aheritier AT gmail DOT com
Twitter/Skype : aheritier

ma...@martinspielmann.de

Oct 25, 2017, 3:01:42 PM10/25/17
to Jenkins Developers
What is the current status of this plugin?
Would be great to have the refactoring merged and released with a new version.
I would be glad to help.