Jenkins and Docker pull

Glen Millard

Jun 13, 2016, 10:30:16 AM6/13/16
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone;

I want to include a Docker pull of several containers using a Jenkins job.

Questions:

  1. is there/are they recommended plugins - I see a few - this one looks like overkill - https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/CloudBees+Docker+Build+and+Publish+plugin - has anyone used it?
  2. if not this plugin, do you recommend another?
  3. if not a plugin, recommend another way?

I'm new at CI so go easy on me please!

Thanks much.

Glen

Zoratto Thomas

Jun 13, 2016, 1:27:09 PM6/13/16
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

Could you be more specific regarding your needs ?

I use the plugin you mentioned but its goal is to build a docker image based on a dockerfile and then push it to docker hub for example. I'm not sure you're looking for something like that, am I wrong ?

Zoratto Thomas

Jun 13, 2016, 1:29:17 PM6/13/16
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Btw, the users mailing list is better suited for this kind of question

Le 13 juin 2016 à 16:30, Glen Millard <glenm...@gmail.com> a écrit :

Glen Millard

Jun 13, 2016, 1:48:00 PM6/13/16
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, Zoratto Thomas
Hi - I'm trying to do the following:

1. automated pulls of Docker images from a somewhat private registry (probably daily)
2. take each of those containers/images and scan them for vulnerabilities, security etc using Clair and Openscap)
3. email the reports (HTML based)

I'm relatively new  to Jenkins so I was looking for some ideas.

Thanks - Glen