Commit rights to cobertura-plugin

Michael Barrientos

Mar 13, 2017, 4:27:57 PM3/13/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, ogo...@gmail.com, tsa...@uwaterloo.ca, dru...@dev.java.net
I would like to get commit rights to http://github.com/jenkinsci/cobertura-plugin.

Per instructions on both https://jenkins.io/project/governance/ and https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Adopt+a+Plugin this is my formal request for commit access.

The plugin has not had any activity in the master branch since May 2016 (10 months), and there are several outstanding PRs I'd like to get merged in (including attempts to make it compatible with the new Jenkinsfile Workflow API).

On March 7 (one week ago) I attempted to contact all maintainers listed in <https://github.com/jenkins-infra/repository-permissions-updater/blob/master/permissions/plugin-cobertura.yml> via the email listed in their last commit.

* drulli's @dev.java.net email address bounced
* tamini said "I added code once a few years ago and guess I got added as a maintainer when I made the merge.  I haven't really worked with Jenkins since then and have removed myself from the Cobertura team to reflect this." (Sorry tamini, to formally go through the process, I'm spamming your email address one last time.)
* Jenkins core maintainer olivergondza never responded.

Although a history of commits isn't necessary, I have contributed in the past to http://github.com/jenkinsci/ec2-plugin.

My Github ID and Jenkins infrastructure account IDs are both "mbarrien".

Please let me know if there is anything more information needed, or if there is anything I can do to help. Thanks!

Daniel Beck

Mar 13, 2017, 4:41:20 PM3/13/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, Ulli Hafner
Nice, well written request.

Re Ulli's old email address no longer working, I'm adding him in CC.

Ullrich Hafner

Mar 13, 2017, 5:58:01 PM3/13/17
to Jenkins Developers
Actually I was never the maintainer. I just fixed some issues that blocked my projects…

So feel free to take over the ownership!

Steve Christou

Mar 24, 2017, 5:18:54 PM3/24/17
to Jenkins Developers
Would anyone else object to me taking ownership of the cobertura plugin also? I am currently the core maintainer of cobertura. If no one has any objections, I will add myself and mbarrien to the list of contributors.

Daniel Beck

Mar 24, 2017, 6:55:28 PM3/24/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com

> On 24.03.2017, at 22:18, Steve Christou <schri...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Would anyone else object to me taking ownership of the cobertura plugin also? I am currently the core maintainer of cobertura. If no one has any objections, I will add myself and mbarrien to the list of contributors.

Seems fine. I would have added Michael if I hadn't forgotten about this thread -- existing maintainers seem fine with it and nobody else spoke up. So go ahead.

Oleg Nenashev

Mar 27, 2017, 3:44:53 AM3/27/17
to Jenkins Developers, m...@beckweb.net
+1 for adding  Michael and Steven

Oliver Gondža

Mar 27, 2017, 2:53:55 PM3/27/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
On 2017-03-27 09:44, Oleg Nenashev wrote:
> +1 for adding Michael and Steven

Please guys go for it. The plugin was unmaintained for too long.

--
oliver

Michael Barrientos

Mar 28, 2017, 1:07:16 PM3/28/17
to Jenkins Developers
It looks like all 3 current cobertura-plugin maintainers have said they no longer maintain it. With that, is it possible to get Github commit rights? Steven and I were given Artifactory access, but I don't think the Github side has been granted.

Michael Barrientos

Apr 4, 2017, 2:43:34 PM4/4/17
to Jenkins Developers
Ping?

Steve Christou

Apr 4, 2017, 2:51:23 PM4/4/17
to Jenkins Developers
Sorry about the delay. I made you a committer on github now.