Jenkins ebook #1

Alyssa Tong

Dec 7, 2020, 1:52:48 PM12/7/20
to Jenkins Dev
Hi All

As many of you know, in April of this year we began collecting Jenkins user stories, and case studies, aka Jenkins is the Way. With so many stories captured we've taken a few of those stories and created an ebook, see attachment.  The ebook consists of a welcome letter. The letter has been written up (in the attachment) and I propose we have the board members (below) as authors of this letter if that's ok. Pls let me know? Any edits to this document pls do let me know that as well.
  • Gavin Mogan
  • Marky Jackson
  • Kohsuke Kawaguchi
  • Ullrich Hafner
  • Oleg Nenashev
Note: the # of plugins and installations will be updated in the next version of the ebook.

Thank you,
alyssa
Jenkins Is The Way ebook 12.1.20.pdf

Gavin Mogan

Dec 8, 2020, 6:18:07 PM12/8/20
to Jenkins Developers
Hi Alyssa,

The attachment looks really good, but I'm not entirely sure what you're asking. Are you suggesting page 2 should read "Jenkins Governance Board - ...Names" instead of "The Jenkins Project"? or the entire document? Or something else?

Gavin

Richard Bywater

Dec 8, 2020, 6:35:25 PM12/8/20
to Jenkins Developers ML
Out of interest has there been any legal review of the ebook given the use of Star Wars imagery and allusions? :) (Would hate for Jenkins to get in the news for the wrong reasons)

Richard.

Alyssa Tong

Dec 10, 2020, 12:18:34 AM12/10/20
to Jenkins Dev
my apologies for not being clear. My ask - on page 2, at the end of the letter where we currently have "The Jenkins Project" we would like the names of the governance board members below this line.  As though this letter is from the governance board. Hope that helps.

Alyssa Tong

Dec 10, 2020, 12:59:04 AM12/10/20
to Jenkins Dev
Hi Richard,

the short answer is no :o) We have been using this image since April 2020. This isn't the first time that the image is out there - we've tweeted, have a website, tshirts etc.
Some background, when we did the Jenkins Master tshirt (below) it was so popular we decided to give it an update in hopes that it will drive more interest for the butler.  Yes, we are taking a chance at this.

Screen Shot 2020-12-09 at 9.49.30 PM.png

BR,
alyssa

Oleg Nenashev

Dec 15, 2020, 5:09:35 PM12/15/20
to Jenkins Developers
> "The Jenkins Project" we would like the names of the governance board members below this line.  As though this letter is from the governance board. Hope that helps.

I do not mind putting board names there, but at the same time I do not see a strong reason to do so. I would rather prefer to not be mentioned explicitly, especially since this amazing work happened thanks to Alyssa and all the Sponsors. I would rather prefer to put the credits accordingly. E.g. "Alyssa Tong, Jenkins Events Officer in 2020" or "Alyssa Tong and Jenkins Advocacy&Outreach SIG".