Plugin documentation not showing on site

Jean-Marc Meessen

Nov 18, 2021, 5:48:11 AM11/18/21
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I am scratching my head with the plugin documentation. One day it shows on the site and the next day it doesn't (at least I am led to believe that).

I have a README.md in the root of the workspace and the POM's <URL> seems properly configured. Any ideas or explanations?

Adrien Lecharpentier

Nov 18, 2021, 5:52:03 AM11/18/21
to Jenkins Developers
Hello Jean-Marc,

to my knowledge, the documentation generation requires a release and then has some delay before showing up. This might still be the case and the problem you are facing.

Daniel Beck

Nov 18, 2021, 7:13:58 AM11/18/21
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Nov 18, 2021 at 11:48 AM Jean-Marc Meessen <jean...@meessen-web.org> wrote:

I have a README.md in the root of the workspace and the POM's <URL> seems properly configured. Any ideas or explanations?

While changes to README.md are effective quickly (~caching) once that's known to be the documentation location, changes to the URL in pom.xml require a plugin release.

Daniel Beck

Nov 18, 2021, 7:16:33 AM11/18/21
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com

Oops, missed the tag from CD. So the plugin site knows docs are in GH, as it explicitly links there in the sidebar.

What exactly is the problem? It may simply be an occasional temporary issue with the GH API, if instead of inline docs it shows "Documentation is at https://github.com/org/repo".

Tim Jacomb

Nov 18, 2021, 7:22:02 AM11/18/21
to Jenkins Developers
The docs are showing for me currently

Jean-Marc Meessen

Nov 18, 2021, 9:48:35 AM11/18/21
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for chiming in on this.

I think that the unexpected behavior was caused by the Jenkins.io "Guru Meditation" (unavailability) that occurred this late morning (CET). As Tim pointed out, everything is back to normal.

/- Jmm