Warning during multi-branch Indexing

pallen

Oct 4, 2017, 6:02:42 AM10/4/17
to Jenkins Developers
Hi Guys,

The p4-plugin shows a warning during multi-branch indexing when an old branch is being removed:

Oct 04, 2017 10:19:46 AM hudson.model.listeners.ItemListener forAll
WARNING: failed to send event to listener of class org.jenkinsci.plugins.pipeline.milestone.MilestoneStepExecution$CleanupJobsOnDelete
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.jenkinsci.plugins.pipeline.milestone.MilestoneStepExecution$CleanupJobsOnDelete.onDeleted(MilestoneStepExecution.java:348)
at hudson.model.listeners.ItemListener$4.apply(ItemListener.java:205)
at hudson.model.listeners.ItemListener$4.apply(ItemListener.java:203)
at hudson.model.listeners.ItemListener.forAll(ItemListener.java:167)
at hudson.model.listeners.ItemListener.fireOnDeleted(ItemListener.java:203)
at com.cloudbees.hudson.plugins.folder.AbstractFolder.onDeleted(AbstractFolder.java:949)
at com.cloudbees.hudson.plugins.folder.AbstractFolder.onDeleted(AbstractFolder.java:135)
at hudson.model.AbstractItem.delete(AbstractItem.java:583)
at hudson.model.Job.delete(Job.java:687)
at com.cloudbees.hudson.plugins.folder.computed.ComputedFolder.updateChildren(ComputedFolder.java:198)
at com.cloudbees.hudson.plugins.folder.computed.FolderComputation.run(FolderComputation.java:139)
at hudson.model.ResourceController.execute(ResourceController.java:98)
at hudson.model.Executor.run(Executor.java:410)

I'm not sure if this is just due to me testing on an old Jenkins (1.642.3) or if I have not implemented a cleanup method?

Kind regards,
Paul

Stephen Connolly

Oct 4, 2017, 6:26:50 AM10/4/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
I think that is an issue in cloudbees-folders plugin

Stephen Connolly

Oct 4, 2017, 6:29:59 AM10/4/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com

Paul Allen

Oct 4, 2017, 7:06:21 AM10/4/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Thank you.

I'm still using workflow-aggregator:jar:2.5 and that was using pipeline-milestone-step 1.3.

During development I tend the run up the plugin with 'hpi:run' rather than installing it in a running Jenkins.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CA%2BnPnMyOxffjSkhsMOspMb2tSZOp9TtuzDkbzhn8tZy4ABcxBw%40mail.gmail.com.

Perforce Software UK Ltd is registered in England and Wales as company no.
3816019 at the following address: West Forest Gate,
Wellington Road, Wokingham,
RG40 2AT, UK

Jesse Glick

Oct 4, 2017, 12:27:16 PM10/4/17
to Jenkins Dev
On Wed, Oct 4, 2017 at 7:06 AM, Paul Allen <pal...@perforce.com> wrote:
> I'm still using workflow-aggregator:jar:2.5

I strongly advise against using `workflow-aggregator` as a
`test`-scoped dependency.

Paul Allen

Oct 5, 2017, 6:50:28 AM10/5/17
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
I have removed the workflow-aggregator and added the few test dependancies to the POM.  All seems ok, although the version mix was tricky to satisfy and needed a few excludes...

I had to use a VERY OLD version of 'pipeline-model-definition' to satisfy the 'pipeline' DSL tests, it seems that a lot of dependancies were added after that release.

Thanks for the help.

Kind regards,
Paul

Jesse Glick