How do I get the test harness to include the plugin I'm developing?

Andrew Sumner

Apr 4, 2016, 6:56:01 AM4/4/16
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com

I'm trying to write a unit test that will exercise the UI for my plugin and to do that I need to configure it's global properties.

I can get to the global configuration page but when I look in the config form for my plugin settings it's not there.  The wiki only touches this area very lightly so it's not been much help.

My code is in:
https://github.com/andrew-sumner/inedo-proget-plugin/blob/master/src/test/java/com/inedo/proget/jenkins/DownloadPluginTests.java

    @Rule
    public JenkinsRule j = new JenkinsRule()

    @Test
    public void perform() {
        HtmlPage globalConfigPage = j.createWebClient().webClient.goTo("configure");

        HtmlForm form = globalConfigPage.getFormByName("config");

        // My plugins global properties are not found
        HtmlInput password = form.getInputByName("_.password");

    }

I've tried:

  • @WithPlugin("DownloadPackageBuilder.hpi")

This issue: https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-29181 suggests that I should be able to do this with @WithPlugin("DownloadPackageBuilder.hpi") if I can get the plugin into the plugins folder but doesn't have any ideas on how this might be achieved.

  • j.recipeLoadCurrentPlugin();

This looked promising but didn't work - possibly because I am using the Gradle JPI plugin: https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Gradle+JPI+Plugin

Any idea on what I might be missing?

Ullrich Hafner

Apr 4, 2016, 8:39:19 AM4/4/16
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
This looks more like a UI test rather than a unit test. Wouldn’t it be simpler to create a new test in https://github.com/jenkinsci/acceptance-test-harness

signature.asc

martinda

Feb 4, 2019, 7:46:54 AM2/4/19
to Jenkins Developers
 I have the same question: How do I read the jenkins global configuration values introduced by my custom plugin (or other global config values in general), in a plugin unit test.

Jesse Glick

Feb 4, 2019, 9:23:48 AM2/4/19
to Jenkins Dev
On Mon, Feb 4, 2019 at 7:46 AM martinda <martin....@gmail.com> wrote:
> How do I read the jenkins global configuration values introduced by my custom plugin (or other global config values in general), in a plugin unit test.

https://github.com/jenkinsci/archetypes/blob/677f8cf5b62184926a1994d76fcfb708351b70ab/global-configuration/src/main/resources/archetype-resources/src/test/java/SampleConfigurationTest.java#L32

for example. Start by playing with the archetype until you understand
how it works, then apply similar patterns to your real code.