Pipeline predefined steps question

flaviu...@gmail.com

Sep 5, 2018, 7:27:28 AM9/5/18
to Jenkins Developers
Hello, I would like to see where the predefined steps in the pipeline syntax are declared. I am interested in the "stage" step as I would like to rename it to my "newstage" (if I rename the pipeline-stage-plugin StageStep name) and to work in declarative pipeline. (Because by changing the name in the plugin and use it like that works only in scripted pipeline).
Thanks !

Jesse Glick

Sep 5, 2018, 8:52:05 AM9/5/18
to Jenkins Dev
On Wed, Sep 5, 2018 at 7:27 AM <flaviu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to see where the predefined steps in the pipeline syntax are declared.

In the plugin defining each step.

> I am interested in the "stage" step as I would like to rename it to my "newstage"

Not sure why, but do not do that.

> and to work in declarative pipeline

It will not. This keyword is hard-coded in Declarative Pipeline.

flaviu...@gmail.com

Sep 6, 2018, 2:29:58 AM9/6/18
to Jenkins Developers
Thank you for answering to my question, was really helpful, saved me a lot of time.